Overnight Conditioning after relaxer...

VirtuousGal

Ok I relaxed my hair tonight and I got all the way to deep conditioning before I had to do all these other things for the house, cook a meal, laundry, etc.
I am tired, and I feel like just sleeping with the conditioner in and resuming tomorrow.
Now I know many of you condition overnight, but I am not sure if this is better or worse when hair is freshly relaxed...
I know its late at night, but someone please humor me and answer the question so I can catch some zzz's guilt free lol

i've done this before! every time i have, my hair was buttery soft in the AM, even after rinsing the conditioner out and blow drying. shouldnt be a problem. don't use a heavy protein conditioner, though, that will cause slight reversion of the relaxer process. and if it's a moisture conditioner you use, make sure to use a medium protein in the morning when you wash it out, like an egg, Joico KPak reconstructor, nexxus keraphix reconstructor, Roux Mendex, etc.

I've never left a conditioner in overnight, but it seems like it won't hurt or help. To my knowledge, after about 30 min.-1 hour the conditioner is no longer penetrating the hair shaft anyway. I would just make sure it's moisture and NOT protein.

i've done this before! every time i have, my hair was buttery soft in the AM, even after rinsing the conditioner out and blow drying. shouldnt be a problem. don't use a heavy protein conditioner, though, that will cause slight reversion of the relaxer process. and if it's a moisture conditioner you use, make sure to use a medium protein in the morning when you wash it out, like an egg, Joico KPak reconstructor, nexxus keraphix reconstructor, Roux Mendex, etc.

What she said!!!

Quick question...why do you feel that the protein is necessary after I rinse this one out? Usually I follow up with protein a week after...and my conditioner is moisture/protein, I blended avacado,olive oil, garlic(for shedding),honey and a dominican honey and cinnamon conditioner, I figured I was covered...

Quick question...why do you feel that the protein is necessary after I rinse this one out? Usually I follow up with protein a week after...and my conditioner is moisture/protein, I blended avacado,olive oil, garlic(for shedding),honey and a dominican honey and cinnamon conditioner, I figured I was covered...

a lil protein is always beneficial right after a relaxer. your hair is in a much weaker state after applying relaxer, and the bit of protein helps it get back to normal. the protein afterwards is good if your conditioner mix was all moisture, but since it has protein, you should be okay. but by all means stick to your usual regimen after washing out the conditioner; i just add the protein step for me because my hair loves protein :)

does your honey and cinnamon conditioner have protein in it?

Back