Over usage of products?

dominirican

I just wanted to know if over usage of hair products can cause shedding. I know that I should expect some shedding due to the extreme heat this summer has brought, but this is ridiculous. Has anyone experienced shedding because of too much usage of hair products (ie. hair polishers, shine spray, hairdressing creames, etc)

It's really getting out of control. I can't even run my fingers through my hair without pulling out a few strands.

It was a thread that was posted in the last few days about excessive shedding and most of the ladies, along with myself, have been having major shedding issues. From what everyone concluded, it is due to the heat from what I could gather. So try not to worry about it too much, girl. And as far as overusage of products, I thought that could be a factor, too. So in the past few weeks, I have been keeping it simple. Ive just been using my shampoo, conditioner, and oil. Thats it. I think less is best anyway. Hope this helps.;)

The answer to your question is 100% yes! Products can build up on your hair and cause breakage. A good clarifying shampoo will help you with this.

Back