outer perimeter relaxer

sugawooga

I haven't had a relaxer/texturizer since early March. My hair has grown extremly fast but now my outer perimeter is frizzy/curly. I wear my hair straight (because it just seems to grow faster that way) but my hair on the outer perimeter is too frizzy. Has anyone every tried to just relaxer the outer perimeter of their hair. I don't have a problem with the other areas of my hair because I can pretty much keep it straight with a blow dryer with comb attachment. I just can't get to the outer perimeter with the comb attachment. I need something else for that area.

Sure, I don't see why not. Or you can lay it down with some type of moisturizer. You should be fine if you relax, though.

I would NOT relax the perimeter of your hair. Just because it's frizzy does not mean that it needs to be relaxed. Try using a moisturizer, brushing it and tying it down first. You should also consider setting lotion.

Relaxing the "edges" sounds like you're just asking for them to be burned off. I would NOT recommend that.

Well, it's all about preference. If a moisturizer does not work (I like Mango butter, it lays my ends DOWN!!!) then if you really want to relax then do it. If the questions is whether or not it will cause damage then the answer is no. I've done it and many people I know have done it. The choice is yours, Sugawooga!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
I would NOT relax the perimeter of your hair. Just because it's frizzy does not mean that it needs to be relaxed. Try using a moisturizer, brushing it and tying it down first. You should also consider setting lotion.

Relaxing the "edges" sounds like you're just asking for them to be burned off. I would NOT recommend that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've already tried brushing, moisturizers, setting lotion but it won't lay flat. I think alot of it has to do with humidity too.

Yea, the humidity may definitely play a role in the frizziness. However, I still wouldn't recommend relaxing your edges.

Have you tried the moisturizers, etc., brushing and then tying it down with a scarf? It works for me...it might work for you...

What works good for edges is ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer. I hated the way this product made my hair feel, but it did a number on my edges after I applied some and brushed it in.
weird.gif
The scarf trick works too.
smile.gif

Back