Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone done this?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Has anyone tried using a home permanent? You know, the kind the clear women use? I'm just curious to know if anyone has ever tried one. I know it sounds kinda crazy, but I was just thinking about it. I'm just wondering what would it do for our hair......probably major damage:perplexed

Do you mean hair color? If that's what you mean, I tried Feria a few years ago. This was back when my hair was a HAM, and I was REALLY impressed with the kit. It had nice, thick, silver colored latex gloves and everything was just really nice. The color came out great, and it made my hair really soft, smooth and shiny. Much better than the ''black'' brands :lol: I'll probably never color my hair again, but if I do, I'll be using the white people stuff :yep:

Has anyone tried using a home permanent? You know, the kind the clear women use? I'm just curious to know if anyone has ever tried one. I know it sounds kinda crazy, but I was just thinking about it. I'm just wondering what would it do for our hair......probably major damage:perplexed

Many years ago when I got my first relaxer ever, I used one and it was called "French Perm". It got my hair straight and bouncy! It never took my hair out and my hair did grow nice and long from it. It's when I started using "Dark and Lovely" (when it first came out) is when my hair began to shed and I lost tons of hair.

They don't make it anymore, but it was good product to me.:yep:

I think she is talking about the curly perm????
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. Do they make any other forms or kinds of permanents? I've used their hair color lots of times, and I really liked it. I'm just curious about their perms/relaxers though. I'm not interested in trying it out, just wondering about anyone else's experiences, if any.

I have a friend who used one and she loved it. She's Puerto Rican with 3b/3c hair and I think she picked it up by accident thinking it was a regular relaxer.

My cousin used one when she was younger and her hair has always been long - about MBL. I'm not sure if she uses perms as an adult, but her hair is still very long and she wears it both wavy and straight. However, she's not a 4 either. I would guess that she's a 2 or possibly a 3a but nothing higher.

Innteresting.

I don't see why it wouldn't work - used on perm rods, etc and on virgin hair. Though, curly perms come out crazy looking in salons - I don't know about doing one at home.... :lachen:

LOL :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: ROTFLMAO... I'm sorry excuse me lol I just haven't heard that term in so long. But hmmm I would be skeptical to use it but it's prolly all the same. I still wouldn't risk it

My aunt put a "TONIE" perm in her daughter's hair once and it broke off really bad because it made her hair as dry as straw. No matter how she much she conditioned it afterward, my niece had major shedding and eventually had to have a major cut!!

Yeah, when my friend put one in her hair, she was kinda upset at the outcome, but she had no one to blame but herself. When I asked her why she did it, she said she was just experimenting. I don't know if I can experiment with anything like that:lachen:

Yeah, when my friend put one in her hair, she was kinda upset at the outcome, but she had no one to blame but herself. When I asked her why she did it, she said she was just experimenting. I don't know if I can experiment with anything like that:lachen:

I was just like your best friend... minus the curly perm...lol.... I did everything in the world to my hair before it gave up. I tried almost everything. But I NEVER even pondered curly perms....:look:.... maybe because everyone i saw with curly perms, their hair looked bad. oh well... tell your friend keep hope alive! lol...

You should send her the link to this site!

Um....I FEEL YOU on that one. This is a very good thread and I'm interested in hearing if other women have tried this as well, but I won't be experimenting with this one LOL.

Back