Our Wedding

MrsMe

I'll be back to post the story. I typed a nice one and poof it disappeared. :sad:

Here are some pictures in the meantime, available for 24 HOURS.

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE! TIA

ETA: Story...I hope I don't lose it this time.

The pics are posted more and less in a chronological order but they are a snapshot of our wedding.

I hesitated to share those pics because of all the shenanigans that take place on the forum sometimes, but I figured this was a joyous occasion and that it should be shared with y'all sisters...for 24 hours only, though. :grin:
We planned (mostly me :lol:) that wedding in 3 1/2 weeks. Our families always gather for the holidays and because some of them live out of town or on another continent altogether, we decided to have our wedding during the holidays. My parents for example will not be back until the end of this year...I was done being the fiancee and did not want to wait another year. :lachen:Thankfully DH was on board from the beginning and seemed to be even more excited than I was!
It was a stressful 3 1/2 weeks but we made it thanks to all of our (free) helpers. Friends and family did the makeup, decorations, food, hair, DJing. We could not have done it without them!
We saved a lot of money because our guest list went from 160+ to 80. This allowed us to give it a more intimate feel and enjoy those precious moments with people we cherished! We limited the ceremony to 20 guests and had the rest of the guests meet us at the reception hall.

I arrived late for the ceremony...45 min late! :look: DH thought I had changed my mind. :lol: I was a nervous wreck, my knees were shaking and I thought I was going to pass out.
When the time came to face each other and say our vows, I started crying like a baby. :look: I've been waiting for this for SEVEN YEARS and two degrees, y'all! :lol:
It took me a minute to calm down but I managed to say my vows through the tears.
Getting to the reception hall was a whole other trip... But once we made it there, I was so much calmer. Some stuff went wrong, but I was surprisingly calm. :yep: The most important part of the day was the ceremony and once this was over, I couldn't care about anything else.
We haven't gone on our honeymoon yet, but we are planning a nice one for the summer.

Poof!

Last edited:
OMG. Everything is so beautiful. The love you share is almost tangible from the pics. I wish you the most happiness, everything good and precious. May you be blessed!

Congratulations! I love your dress! I'm happy you guys did it your way and had an intimate ceremony. I also love your locs!

Last edited:
Congratulations, you both make a lovely couple. Thanks so much for sharing your joyous wedding celebration with us. God's continued blessings.

MrsMe

I knew it!!! LOL. I could see haitian written allover your family's features!!! Niicee. Your dressed flattered you well

Beautiful pics! The cake is soooo pretty and elegant. Your dh looks so smitten, you can "see" how crazy he is for you, I love it. Congrats and so happy you found love :yep: and got those two degrees!

Back