Ouidad Softening?

caligirl

Has anyone heard of the Ouidad softening process? It sounds similar to the Silkener done at Curve. Here is a description from ouidad.com:

"A process for relaxing curls that I prefer, and one that I developed in my salon, is called softening. Softening is like straightening in its application but the results are dramatically different. Most professional straighteners are 11% - 12% sodium hydroxide. I begin with a sodium hydroxide solution percentage of 6%. Then, along with my Deep Treatment, I can customize the solution strength to the hair to make it as gentle as I need it to be. This lower strength solution allows for greater control to customize the wave pattern desired, creating anything from looser, wavy curls to going totally straight. But the difference is most noticeable in the condition of the hair. After using a gentler process, the hair remains more manageable with a life and pulse of its own."

I've heard of it..but I don't know much about it.. you might be able to find something about it at www.naturallycurly.com there is a straightening/relaxer board that talks about those sorts of things....or do a search.

HTH!

this sounds better than a texturizer because the strength of the chemical is different
rather than just the timing being different. I would really love to see the results
Oh hell to the no its costs $350 how bout we get a chemist to mix a 6% relaxer and
put it on for the regular $50 perm price call it super mild

Ouidad: A softening is a chemical process similar to hair straighteners. The one I use is half of the strength of a gentle straightener and I add my Deep Treatment to it to make the formula even softer. Depending on the hair I’m working on, I customize it. The idea and result is to soften, loosen the curl to a desirable pattern for manageability. It works wonders but, you must understand that any chemical process you do to your hair does have a drying effect. And if you don’t feed your hair on a regular basis it could be damaging. Most of my clients get softenings. They are able to wear their hair down and have different styles because the hair does become more manageable. Also we are bombarded with softenings in the spring and summer because it gives the client freedom from fear of the weather. Another good thing about softening is that you can do it in spots if need be. I’ve been softening my hair for more than 20 years.

doesnt it sound like Curve 1st she pushed products then she pushes chemical service which is basically a relaxer and gives it a fancy name. i wish i thought of it LOL

Back