ORS splitty?????

BeautifulNameX

I tried ORS LYE fa the first time because Lady velvet wasnt getting it. I loved it It got straight as i need it so I can get my occationisal Ponytail style and air dry straight enough.

A costomer came to my job and said was looking for a perm and said the last one she used was ORS Lye and it made her haid splitty. Im like OH FA REAL. she was like yea. .

I have noticed some splitends I just thought it was from heat. But could it be that relaxer? I dont see how it could because i dont let it even get on my ends.

If you didn't get the relaxer on the ends then I would say it can't be the culprit.:ohwell: I hope not for your sake.

Yeah that seems awfully weird unless you dragged the creme through your hair...mmm....yeah it just doesnt make sense. But I've only used ors once, and it didnt seem to work for me. What is your regimen? Have you used a lot of heat lately?

I might just keep it because i really like the relaxer. I had micros and took them out and i still like it. I quit breaking maybe i just needed more protein. Im i stick with it because i can go a long time with out having to relax so often and worry about breaking

ORS Lye is a great relaxer. I use Fine/Medium formula. Sadly there are still many ladies who pull the relaxers to the ends. That's the only reason I can think of for the splits. Either that, or they are overlapping the relaxer on the relaxed part of the hair shaft. Relaxer should only be applied to the NG. One way to avoid overlapping is to coat the relaxed hair with conditioner and protect the ends by sealing with either vaseline or castor oil before relaxing. That way, if relaxer does accidently get on those parts (as it generally does), then you won't get damage.

To protect the entire hair while relaxing, use a silk protein like CHI Silk Infusion and apply to the NG and perhaps a little on the ends. Some ladies apply the product through the entire hair, including the shaft and ends. You shouldn't have any problems. You can also add 1 or 2 tablespoon of EVOO or almond oil, or any carrier oil, to the relaxer itself and mix it up, then apply. That help to coat and protect the hair and protect the scalp as well.

Back