ORS replenishing pak - how long with heat?

Glib Gurl

Help!

I'm finally getting ready to wash with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo and I want to follow-up with ORS replenishing pak. The package says to only use heat if you have it on for 10-15 minutes. I am thinking that I'd like to use heat for longer - say an hour. Is this a bad idea? (Reminder: I got a relaxer on Friday.)

Thanks Ladies!

Glib

Help!

I'm finally getting ready to wash with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo and I want to follow-up with ORS replenishing pak. The package says to only use heat if you have it on for 10-15 minutes. I am thinking that I'd like to use heat for longer - say an hour. Is this a bad idea? (Reminder: I got a relaxer on Friday.)

Thanks Ladies!

Glib

Hey Glib! I LOVE ORS Replenishing Paks!
Since you just got a touch-up, I would not use it for an hour with heat.
The heat of your head covered with a conditioning cap is enough if you want to keep it on for an hour. If you use heat, a half hour is all you will need.

HTH!

Hey Glib! I LOVE ORS Replenishing Paks!
Since you just got a touch-up, I would not use it for an hour with heat.
The heat of your head covered with a conditioning cap is enough if you want to keep it on for an hour. If you use heat, a half hour is all you will need.

HTH!

ITA, but if you reaaally want an hour then you could..
A) use 1/2hr w/heat and just keep the plasic cap on for another 1/2hr around the house (without heat of course).
or
B) use the plastic cap w/ no heat for 1hr.

I've slept overnight with ors replenishing paks with no ill effects and rinsed out in the morning. But that could just be how my hair reponded.

I'm glad you asked this.

Today is wash day and I'm going to use it for the first time. :spinning: I'm pre-pooing with queen helene's hot oil treatment on dry hair, then I'm going to wash (probably with nexxus therape), do a deep conditioning with ORS rp (with a little castor/olive combo), and then I'll probably air dry (or use a cool blowdry setting with some silk infusion?):yep:

Last edited:
I do what it says. Sit under the dryer fot 15 min. and let it sit on your head with shower cap on minus heat for anther 45 min. to an hour.

I'm feeling a little lazy but I think it might be better to be under the dryer.... I need to get back on top of my regimen.

Hey Ladies

Well, I ended up keeping it on my hair with no heat for about 30 minutes because my scalp started to itch. This is only my second time using ORS replenishing pak but I do recall experiencing itchiness . . . however, I couldn't identify which product was the culprit because I was trying out several different new products that week (including Silicon Mix). I am going to start a separate thread to see if anyone else has had this problem with ORS . . . too bad, though because it smells wonderful and leaves my hair with lots of slip.

*shrug*

Back