ORS replenishing pak... Am I the only one?

silenttullip

Okay so my twists were mega moisturized. I did a twist out yesterday and did a prepoo with aoja and coconut oil still had mega moisture. Then I washed with ors aloe poo *to clarify* did great, I followed with chagrin valley nettle poo, it always makes my hair a tad dry but I condition after and I good well this time. I dc'ed one hour under plastic cap with ors pak. I rinsed, my hair felt soft BUT not moisturized at all. I added my leave in, then my greg juice. It still didn't have the great moisture I've had without the ors. I heard raving reviews about this little packet. I tried it as a permed teen and hated it so I revisited and now regret it.

My regimen is totally in order all I need is a banging moisturizing conditioner. Can you ladies give me some good deep moisturizing conditioners? My hair type is 3c/4a, my style is twists or braids as of late, medium coarse, soaks up water with the quickness so I guess its porous, and I air dry.
I've been eyeing curl junkie's deep moisture fix I think it's called. For suggestions I don't mind ordering online. I'm willing to pay the price for an all or mostly natural brand but if its not I'm looking for something under 8 bucks.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some I have used with excellent results. The ones with asterisks are my current staples. I often add raw honey and grapeseed oil to my DCs.

Generic Value Product Matrix Conditioning Balm (can be bought at Sally's)
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
Ion Effective Care Treatment (aka Ion Intensive Therapy Protein Fortifier & Moisturizer)*
Aussie Moist
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask

Matrix Conditioning Balm*
Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator
Redken All Soft Butter Treat

Have you tried Roux Porosity Control on your hair? That may help to solve the issue with your porous hair. My can be VERY thirsty as well.

i also hated the ors pack; maybe you can try aubreys organics honeysuckle rose?
aubrey organics are pretty awesome moisture conditioners

SILICON MIXXXXXXXX lol...it's great at detangling and it's ubbber moisturizing ANDD very affordable.

btw I also hated ors pak...my hair felt like straw after I used it. AO HSR is also great (but I use up the small bottles too quickly and it's not that cheap)

Last edited:
My hair hates the ORS Pak, too. Could it be that you needed something more moisturizing, though? I just re-read your post & I saw that you used the ORS Aloe poo and the Chagrin Valley nettle poo, which you say always leaves your hair feeling somewhat dry.

In terms of deep moisturizing conditioners, I recommend Karen's Body Beautiful Deep Conditioner and the Luscious Locks Hair Mask (also from Karen's Body Beautiful).

Back