ORS RELAXER TV ADVERT IN UK!!!!!

claud-uk

OMG, I'm lying in bed watching tv, not paying too much attention cos it's the ads, and I sat up quick time when I heard "ORS Root Stimulator Relaxer..." and I'm paying attention now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four black ladies sat on a sofa stroking their hair and talking about their fabulous relaxer results... and not a ONE of them with hair longer than NL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what else to say, there was me UPLIFTED that here I was watching the UK's first ever Black hair product tv ad, but now I just feel that once again black women are being portrayed to the world as being < SL and :thatsall:

Funny thing is, most every other ad on TV features a black person! You never get many asians in ads but we get about a lot in regular ads - but this relaxer ad is definitely an historical event

Last edited:
This advert has been out in the UK for a while. I remember seeing it on BET like 2 years ago and the audio of the advert used to come on Choice FM.

OMG, really???!!! Ah, is that a cable channel? This was on sky, don't know if that makes a difference

ntm103 - i was hoping this thread would "disappear" quietly bc I'm embarrassed the ad is 2 years old and I've never seen it!!! I saw it on E!Entertainment, about 9.15pm, dang I can't remember what I was watching, if it comes back to me I'll post a note.

There was one lady with SL hair at least but to be fair, these commercials are made to cater to black woman. EL, NL, & SL and even APL are the most common among black women and is a length most black woman can relate to. At least there hair looked healthy. BTW I used that relaxer before and it left my hair dry.

Back