ORS Mayonnaise

Jada

Hi everyone, I have a quick question I recently used the Affirm 5in1 Reconstructor on Friday, and I was just wondering is it too soon to use the ORS Mayonnaise it's only been 2 days and I just want to make sure it isn't too soon to do this I think I may have gone overboard with my oil moisturizer and my hair is just very limp and lifeless.
or do you think that I could just shampoo and condition with Pantene smooth & sleek (no protein) thanks guys.

IMO, a good shampoo (lathering twice) and a good condition should do the trick. Since it's only been two days since you've used the Affirm 5 in1 Reconstructor, I would wait to use the ORS Mayonnaise.

Hi Jada/images/graemlins/wave.gif

I was reading a post by Beana3 re: protein, reconstructors, and moisturizers on the thread"good deep conditioners and reconstructors". I was astonished at how much protein she uses. She says it has benefited her hair. Here's what she said:

"Destinee, here's what regime I try to follow.... i'm not always on point but this keeps me focused

deep protein (aphogee, penetraitt) followed by moisturizing condit week 1
moisturizing condit (D&L cholesterol) week2
reconstructor (ORS hair mayo) week3
ORS mayo again week4
moisturizing deep condit week 5

... Some of the time I dont go for the moisturizing condits and just use the ORS 4 of the 5 weeks, I've had no problems thus far and I've been doing it for a while. Basically i'm focusing on keeping the hair that grows in strong (I have a relaxer, so this may not be much of a concern for you) as i cut off my overprocessed ends.

HMMM im not too sure of what else to suggest, have you had any luck with cholesterols type condits??? I love thick, heavy condits.

@ Lindy,
I was wondering the same thing about the protein helping with shedding. I personally dont think that doing protein treatments will stop shedding. Breakage, yes, but shedding no."

I haven't seen her posting lately but I PM'd her to ask how are these treatments going. Her theory sounds good even tho' some say too much protein is no good for the hair because it makes it hard and then the hair breaks. I'm wondering as long as you follow it up with a good moisturizing conditioner, then everything should be fine? At least according to Beana, everything seems to be ok.

Thanks guys, I think I will play it safe and just use the Smooth & Sleek.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jada said:
Thanks guys, I think I will play it safe and just use the Smooth &amp; Sleek.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/up.gif Good idea. /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
BTW, how long have you been using the Smooth &amp; Sleek? I love that stuff.

Hey Amethyst! and others.. I'm still concentrating on strengthening my hair.. I've done a minor revision of the protein schedule. I moisturize my hair a lot more as opposed to doing frequent reconstructors. I think i subconciously started to work more on moisturizing b/c I wash my hair 2x's a week as opposed to 1x weekly (which is how i followed the schedule below)

Tues: deep protein (aphogee) followed by moisturizing condit
Fri:moisturizing condit (D&amp;L cholesterol)

Tues:Elasta Qp intense
Fri: DPR-11

Tues:reconstructor (ORS hair mayo) week3
Fri: moisturize

Tues: ORS
Fri: moisturize OR aphogee

Tues: start regime over!

.........Please keep in mind that my hair was seriously damaged and that this protein regime helped me to maintain the hair i had on my head while properly conditioning the new growth. I now do deep protein treatments every 4-5 weeks because that's what works for me... If you find yourself with extreme breakage, then i would rec the above regime. However, depending upon how severe or slow the breakage is, I would make the appropriate changes.

Thanks for posting your regimen Beana /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm glad your regimen worked out for you.

Amethyst

Back