ORS Lye and 4B hair?

metalkitty

Which strength do all the 4B type users use for a straight but not bone straight look.Somewhere between texlaxed and bone straight? You don't have to be a 4b to reply to this, I just need good advice and I heard that ORS Lye is gentle-ish and mostly fine haired ladies have used it.... If this has already been discussed, links are appreciated too.

it probably would work for you. I have thicker 4a hair and I used ORS no lye regular. it texlaxed me b/f I knew what texlaxing was and I was really upset at the result. I left it on for the maxium and it just wouldn't take out all my coils so maybe that product might be something that you are looking for.

it probably would work for you. I have thicker 4a hair and I used ORS no lye regular. it texlaxed me b/f I knew what texlaxing was and I was really upset at the result. I left it on for the maxium and it just wouldn't take out all my coils so maybe that product might be something that you are looking for.

Thanks, I'm currently using the no lye now but I was wondering if any 4b's were currently using the new Lye? There has to be some more people who can point me in the right direction....

I use the lye and i think it leaves me underprocessed so you may like it. I am looking for something to get my bone straight for some reasoon motions lye did. I like my hair to feel like i got a touch up after a few washes not like i have 3 months of new growth

i think i'm a 4a-b and i just recently used the ORS lye i mixed mine with EVOO and got some good results it came out preety straight but i'm bad with time management i would recomend it

I would choice normal. Just did my hair thursday. I tired affirm two relaxers ago did not get hair str8.:nono: last relaxer mizani burned sores in my head lost growth in siggy.:cry: paid close to 100.00 for each relaxer. :wallbash:came home with a box less than ten dollars. Hair straight. feels strong, and no hair went down sink. try normal first and PROTECT HAIR FROM OVER PROCESSING. all of it accept new growth. Hair salons never take the time to do this. I will never go to the salon and give them my money anymore. no one care as much as you. Good luck.

Last edited:
I usually use the ORS Lye extra strength for the full 15-18 min and I am still underprocessed but my hair is very course and resistent. I prefer the lye because my hair is not as dull looking as with the no-lye.

I have 4B hair and I use the ORS Lye normal. Its great for me, because I keep it in for 12 minutes and it leaves me texlaxed. I really like it :grin:

Thanks for all the responses ladies! I figured I'd use the regular strength just because I plan on coloring my bangs in the near future. I think after this next relaxer I'll consider going natural for real if things aren't going well.

Back