ORS Jojoba Oil

CheerBear

Hey ladies, I bought some of this a week or so ago and it works great for softening and adding shine and all to my previously relaxed hair, but this new growth I've been talking so much about it another story. Now, it is moisturized because I'm experience little to no breakage daily, but its still hard to comb through my hair because of the roots. Do any of you ladies use this and have any special tips on how to make it work better for me???

From the ingredients of ORS Jojoba Oil, I see that it has a 'cone, as well as paraffin wax, alcohol...etc In other words, it isn't pure jojoba oil, which is the closest thing to your sebum and scores highly with several members here.

There are pple whose hair doesn't like silicone products or wax or alcohol. Maybe your hair is one of those? (Plus silicones seal your hair so you cannot add any more moisture without washing it off as (I imagine) so does wax. Which means you could keep adding a moisturizer and it won't soak into your hair and soften it...not unless you wash it off and start afresh.) Or it could be one of the other ingredients I haven't mentioned that doesn't agree with you...

One thing I've learned to do is look at ingredients of anything (even packaged/canned food) before I buy it. An ingredient omitted or added could make a huge difference to the results you end up with. Also it helps to look at the ingredients of what worked for you in the past and what isn't working for you now to pinpoint the ingredient your hair hates so you can avoid it in future.

I've never used ORS Jojoba Oil, so I may be wrong about the ingredients being the problem. Perhaps someone who's had success with it will come and share a way to use it that brings about good results. Otherwise, you might want to try 100% pure jojoba oil. It isn't cheap but those of us who like it will tell you it's worth every penny.

Hi. I use it, and I just love it. But I just use it on the length of my hair because it helps me to make buns better than anything else I've tried. I usually spray water on my edges and make my ponytail and then spray water on my length and add the ORS Jojoba and braid it and twist it into a bun before putting my scrunchie on to secure it. This product will definitely remain one of my staples. HTH.

I use it on my new growth (wet hair) before rollersetting and it softens my new growth considerably. But, I will say that my hair enjoys "cones" and mineral oil, so there you go!

Back