ORS HAIR MAYO

its not a dumb question..that's why were all here, to help one another. Well I would have to say BOTH. ORS mayo does have protein in it, but not enough to dry MY hair out when used on a weekly basis. It leave my hair very soft and moisturized feeling.
HTH

okay..thanx! I wanted to be sure because I've been using it weekly also, and have been having great results from it...I just wanted to make sure that It wasn't gonna cause any problems because of the little bit of protein in it...thanx again so much!

Not at all ORS HAIR MAYO is great i use it weekly and i experience no problem just strength /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ORS hair mayo does have egg protein but that only coats the hair shaft temporatily. I have used it once and it is a keeper for me. It does smell a little like toilet cleaner though.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It does smell a little like toilet cleaner though.

[/ QUOTE ] londongirl3, I don't think it's supposed to smell like that. I just went and smelled mine. Though I can't describe the smell, mine actually smells pleasant. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well I'm pretty sure I have the right ORS. It does not have a fragrant smell(It doesn't have any fragrance listed in the ingredients). It smells sort of like harpic toilet duck to me.

Oh dear it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I just noticed that because I read the ingredients just now. hmmmmmmm /images/graemlins/mad.gif

lol, you just realised the SLS /images/graemlins/grin.gif. i was wondering about the slight detergent smell. why oh why did they add SLS /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Is it me, or does it (hair Mayo) leave your LIPS feeling dry? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

No I am not eating it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif . But when I rinse my hair, some water trickles down my face and thus...dry lips.

Other than that, I love it!

-lee

<font color="purple"> Maybe I need to try this without a separate conditioner, but the ORS didn't seem to have any noticeable moisturizing or strengthening affect on my hair. Is there a particular way that I'm supposed to use it? So far I've used it after I shampoo and then followed by a conditioner. </font>

this product just may not "do it" for your hair, ya know??? A LOT of people love the ORS, but for some it just doesn't respond well to their hair.
I personally love it, and Its one of the first products i've re-purchased in a while (the PJ in me will never die!) /images/graemlins/spank.gif

LG I personally wouldn't worry about the SLS if the product is working for you with no adverse effects then continue to use it. ORS isn't really known to dry out the hair and I don't think it's in the higher ingredient list so the quantity is probably quite small.

Leejure, yes it does feel dry on the lips I know exactly what you mean. Don't worry it's not just you too.

leejure said:
Is it me, or does it (hair Mayo) leave your LIPS feeling dry? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

No I am not eating it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif . But when I rinse my hair, some water trickles down my face and thus...dry lips.

Other than that, I love it!

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

*laaaauuggghinggg** That's what used to happen to me when I used Motions Oil Moisturizer. The minute in ran down my face my lips were kinda' "coated" with something. ORS doesn't do it to me but the other one did and it was so annoying to use it. /images/graemlins/lick.gif

It smells sort of like harpic toilet duck to me.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL, I can't say I'm familiar with that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

how is this compared to dark and lovely cholesterol or are they two completely different animals? i know that people say this can be used without moisturizing conditioner follow up. i am wondering if maybe one wasnt mentioned because ors doesnt have one and product line usually dont recommend you try something outside of their line. God bless you all.

hey azul11
my two conditioners that i use for deep conditionin are the ORS mayo and the d&amp;l cholesterol. However i wud have to pick the cholesterol as bein better coz it leaves my hair amazingly detangled! (+ i love the smell of it ) and its amazin how it leaves my hands soft as well after i wash it outa my hair NOW THATS A MOISTURISIN CONDITIONER! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I just tried that conditioner after hearing about it here. I love it! I don't think it stunk. Anyway up here in Seattle, I spent $10 on a 16 oz jar! Does anyone know where I can find it cheaper or buy it in bulk? <font color="purple"> </font>

I loved D&amp;L when I had relaxed hair. The smell is undisputably lovely. It was not one of those soft hair when you comb through, hard hair when you style. I never used ORS with relaxed hair though but it does do wonders for my natural hair and would probably soften growth if you are trying to stretch the time in between relaxers

oh okay. because being a pj /images/graemlins/weird.gif and i dont want to end up with ten different deep conditioners. i just wanted to narrow it down to like two to alternate. i do have a sample of ors so i will hold off on buying the tub of it. God bless you all.

Back