ORS Hair Mayo

Do you like ORS Hair Mayonnaise?

• Yes

Votes: 180 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters
Where? cause it's $9.99 here too, and I love this stuff, just put it back in regimen but I was being a cheapy and bought the Organics Hair Mayo $3.99 :grin:
I just added that to my regimen:grin:, but why is it so high where you guys get it from a 16oz only causes me $7.99:yep::yep:

Last edited:
It was one of my staples but they changed the formula. I can still find the original formula for the time being at some bss. I like to put an edd in the conditioner for the extra protein conditioning too.

Can someone post a pic of the old formula so I can know what to look out for. Is this an alternative to Aphogee Protein treatment; I have oficially given up on Aphogee everything.

I have a love hate relationship with it.

I do love the way it makes my hair feel but I notice that I shed more hair on those days. After I am don edoing my hair and I am applying leave-ins, I see more shedding. It has happened 3 times and always on days I use it.

What is that about?! Could be an ingredient in there that is causing it?

I don't want to use it anymore for that reason.

But, I really love the way it make my hair feel. I was using it pre-shampoo. I have a huge tub (the 20% more free one)of and is still over 60% full and I don't want to use it again.
I have the exact same problem with it and gave it away because it makes me shed like a german shepard in the summer... :nono:

Update:

Loved the old formula. Hate the new formula. On the jar of the new formula "New & improved...Helps fight shedding & Breakage."

Well that's crazy because it made my hair dry and caused breakage.

I hate when companies do this. The old formula was better IMHO.

I just tried it last week and I must say that it is the ONLY protein conditioner that I have ever used that did not make my hair dry. I thought it was a bit pricy for a drug store conditioner, but it is worth the money.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! i use it with every wash as my prepoo treatment. I tried using the one by African Pride....just wasn't the same.

I really like it. :yep: I sometimes add egg when I need extra protein.

I agree 100% with the bolded.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! i use it with every wash as my prepoo treatment. I tried using the one by African Pride....just wasn't the same.
I decided to give the African Pride version a try because it's was a couple dollars cheaper than the ORS mayo. Yeah, I won't be doing that again. :nono:

One of my staples! I just took down my twists and DC'd with this...strong hair. I don't manipulate my hair much, but when I do, no breakage. This will always be in my rotation of conditioners.

I think I'll give this a try...so the majority of you all are using this as a pre-poo on dry hair (mixed with oils also); I've been happy with my honey and olive oil pre-poos thus far, so for those that use ORS Mayo as a Protein DC instead, do you have to follow it with another Moisture DC for a 1/2 hour or so? (Like how we have to deal with Aphogee?) Pls share?

I like it only on dry hair as a pre-poo.
Actually, been looking for it but can't find it lately...

Although I voted YAY, I did not like it as a prepoo on dry hair AT ALL. I will however continue using it for protein as needed.

I tried it for the first time as a pre-poo on dry hair. I think I like it. My hair felt like it retained more moisture after it dried, which is what I was hoping the collagen in it would do. Over time, I hope that it will increase the elasticity of my hair.

I voted yes, BUT...

I CANNOT use this by itself. If I do my hair is too hard and I can't detangle it in the shower. And FORGET putting in any shampoo because that will just make the problem worse. :nono:

What I've found that works (if you have the new and improved formula) is to put it on and sit under the dryer for no more than 30 min., rinse it out, then applying a moisturizing DC/Cholesterol with some oil and sit under the dryer for 60+ minutes. I usually let the last mix stay on my hair over night. :blush:

When I finally rinse it out my hair has amazing slip and elasticity. It's noticeably stronger, doesn't shed, and is soft and smooth. It also stays moisturized longer. HTH! :yep::grin::drunk:

Back