ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo for NEUTRALIZING?

BeyonceCarter

Has anyone ever used this shampoo to neutralize a relaxer? I want to use this in combination with my linange neutralizing conditioner.

TIA. :yep:

Just go ahead and buy an actual neutralizing shampoo. The pH has to be correct to stop the effect of the relaxer and regular shampoo isn't enough. It's only like 1 or 2 bucks at sally's, just spring for it

Just go ahead and buy an actual neutralizing shampoo. The pH has to be correct to stop the effect of the relaxer and regular shampoo isn't enough. It's only like 1 or 2 bucks at sally's, just spring for it

ors creamybaloe is an actual neutralizing shampoo. They sell it with both their lye and no lye relaxers and the directions/description on the bottle states it is a neutralizing shampoo. it is formulated to be a multi-purpose product.

BeyonceCarter said:
Has anyone ever used this shampoo to neutralize a relaxer? I want to use this in combination with my linange neutralizing conditioner.

TIA. :yep:

This sounds interesting. I am a Linange user as well and the conditioner is the business. But if I can add that much more moisture to my relaxer, I would love that.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i stopped using neutralizing shampoos yrs ago.... too harsh. I rinse the relaxer out really good. I use my rich shampoos which was AtOne or Pantene for (women of color).... I luv ORS shampoo.will buy a bottle when i clear my stash....Use it!!!:yep: after you rinse your hair really good!!

if the relaxer is rinsed totally out of your hair.
It's not gonna continue to relax your hair..... how is that possible?
the relaxer is out

Last edited:
i stopped using neutralizing shampoos yrs ago.... too harsh. I rinse the relaxer out really good. I use my rich shampoos which was AtOne or Pantene for (women of color).... I luv ORS shampoo.will buy a bottle when i clear my stash....Use it!!!:yep: after you rinse your hair really good!!

the relaxer is out

:blush::blush::blush:

the relaxer is out

It's meant to return the pH of your hair back to normal and remove relaxer traces that you don't see. Some ppl use acv to do it w/ reg shampoo.

But to the original OP, yeah that's a neutralizing shampoo. When I used to relax, ORS became my relaxer of choice (the only one that didn't completely mess up my scalp or hair) and that shampoo was included in the kit.

the relaxer is out

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not still present. Most shampoos have a higher pH than hair (4.5-5.5), thus should not be used as neutralizer. I do sometimes use shampoos that are not specifically labeled as neutralizer, but have their pH labeled. As a matter of fact, if the pH isn't listed, I don't use it period.

I use Dark and Lovely relaxer. I use their nuet shampoo first, then I use ORS because it nuet and chelates. I'm not sure if it's the mid protein step or the ORS shampoo, but my relaxers have been coming out great.

And the whole not using nuet shampoo thing I don't understand. My friend doesn't use it either and wonders why her hair is so freaking thin.

I use the Linange relaxer system for my clients and always use the neutralizing protein mid-step process THEN I lather at least 2 times with Isoplus Neutralizing shampoo and let that sit for 3-5 minutes to fully return the hair to its normal ph. I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo then DC.

I am personally not a fan of ORS creamy aloe shampoo because it leaves the hair with a filmy residue IMO

Back