Organic Product Users...ie...AO, NG, Jason, BB and "All", please tell me;

I use/have used and love Aubrey Organics, Nature's Gate, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Essential, Alba Botanica Hawaii.

My hair didn't like Avalon Organics, Jason's, or Burt's Bees products. Their shampoos stripped my hair and their conditioners weren't moisturizing enough for my hair.

I really want to try the MOP line, sounds really good.

Oh wow! Its karma, I just got home from TJs and they had Nature's Gate with Lavendar and Aloe, I picked it up. Cannot wait to try.

I just started using Nature's Gate jojoba revitalizing conditioner and I LOVE DCing with it. :love4: It doesn't go on super thick, but it leaves your hair feeling very soft and moisturized. :yep:

Okay, thanks. Would you mind telling which flavor of the product that you got?

I use/have used and love Aubrey Organics, Nature's Gate, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Essential, Alba Botanica Hawaii.

My hair didn't like Avalon Organics, Jason's, or Burt's Bees products. Their shampoos stripped my hair and their conditioners weren't moisturizing enough for my hair.

I really want to try the MOP line, sounds really good.

Okay, thanks. Would you mind telling which flavor of the product that you got?

No problem :):

Aubrey Organics: White Camellia, Blue Green Algae Mask, JAY Con, GPB Con, Honeysuckle Rose Con, Egyptian Henna Shampoo

Nature's Gate: Jojoba Revitalizing Masque, Hemp Con, Chamomile Con

Alba Botanica Hawaii: Honeydew Nourishing Shampoo, Mango Con

Giovanni: Nutrafix Con

I purchase items online from vitacost, vitaglo, vitaminshoppe, and mothernature.com

Items that didn't work for me:
Avalon Organics: Peppermint Shampoo
JASON: Jojoba Shampoo, Jojoba Conditioner, Sea Kelp Con (this one was a little better than the jojoba one)
Burt's Bees: Brazil Nut/Raspberry Shampoo and Con, Grapefruit Shampoo

I completely agree with this comment. I am so happy that I found this conditioner!! It gives me the softest, most supple hair. Plus, since it's natural, I feel even better about using it. And, I've noticed that it instantly defines my coils. I am definitely looking for a liter sized bottle of this. I also use it as a conditioner, deep condish, and will be trying it as a leave-in during my next wash! I highly recommend this to any and everyone.

OP, I am also in the process of converting to all natural/organic products. Since doing so, my hair has THRIVED. My hair is basically getting a change to breathe again. It's great.

Giovanni-Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture- by far one of the best out there, I use it for co-washes, deep conditioner, conditioner, or leave in. My only complaint is I hate the bottle, its a weird shape and it makes getting the product out difficult once you've used 3/4 of the bottle.

My favorite natural line, (and product line period), is JBeverly Hills. http://www.jbeverlyhills.com/index.html

Some of my favorite products are the clarifying shampoo, The Masque deep conditioner, and the Leave In conditioner.

Their products can be purchased online at http://www.beyondbeautysupply.com/, and a few other online retailers. Check out the J Beverly Hills website to see if there is a salon in your area for you to sample the products.

This looks really good.

UPDATE:

I have been using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for close to a month now and I love the conditioner. I have mixed feelings on the shampoo and to be honest I don't see myself getting the shampoo again.

I purchased the Natures Gate Laveder and Aloe Conditioner. This stuff is the absolute bom. When I first got it I did a moisture test. I put Kenra on the Right side and Natures Gate on the left side ( on dry hair). I waited a hour or so without touching or combing my hair and they both felt the same.

I haven't tried the Natures Gate as a DC yet because I prefer the Kenra, but I think I will try it one day this week on my co-wash day.

My favorite natural line, (and product line period), is JBeverly Hills. http://www.jbeverlyhills.com/index.html

Some of my favorite products are the clarifying shampoo, The Masque deep conditioner, and the Leave In conditioner.

Their products can be purchased online at http://www.beyondbeautysupply.com/, and a few other online retailers. Check out the J Beverly Hills website to see if there is a salon in your area for you to sample the products.

thanks for sharing! I will place it on my to try list for the future.

Currently I use Jason's Sea Kelp poo which I like, it's low detergent and pretty gentle. Also Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner is a staple in my regimen.

I tried Avalon's Lavender shampoo and I hated it, I gave it to my DH.

I have had good experience w/Aubrey Organics conditioners especially Honeysuckle Rose and GPB. Nature's Gate conditioners were good w/a lot of slip too.

Thanks to all the ladies that posted about Vitacost.com. I can't tell you how happy I was to purchase all my stuff for HALF the cost of getting it from Target and Whole Foods. I am trying the Giovanni products for the first time and can't wait.

Avalon Organics Nourishing shampoo does not agree with my hair at all. :nono:

Next I'll order some of the Nature's Gate products. I was going to try Trader Joe's products but the ones I looked at contained parabens. :sad:

Off to the Make-up forum to see what's the best organic paraben free make-up. :grin:

Your hair is just beautiful...

Thanks to all the ladies that posted about Vitacost.com. I can't tell you how happy I was to purchase all my stuff for HALF the cost of getting it from Target and Whole Foods. I am trying the Giovanni products for the first time and can't wait.

Avalon Organics Nourishing shampoo does not agree with my hair at all. :nono:

Next I'll order some of the Nature's Gate products. I was going to try Trader Joe's products but the ones I looked at contained parabens. :sad:

Off to the Make-up forum to see what's the best organic paraben free make-up. :grin:

I completely agree with this comment. I am so happy that I found this conditioner!! It gives me the softest, most supple hair. Plus, since it's natural, I feel even better about using it. And, I've noticed that it instantly defines my coils. I am definitely looking for a liter sized bottle of this. I also use it as a conditioner, deep condish, and will be trying it as a leave-in during my next wash! I highly recommend this to any and everyone.

OP, I am also in the process of converting to all natural/organic products. Since doing so, my hair has THRIVED. My hair is basically getting a change to breathe again. It's great.
I am so glad to read this post, I just bought a big ole bottle of Giovanni-Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture from T. J. Maxx for a super price!!! I also got Natures Gate Aloe and Lavendar conditoner it was $3.50 !! :thumbsup:

Great!
Keep us posted.
I really liked it.

I am so glad to read this post, I just bought a big ole bottle of Giovanni-Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture from T. J. Maxx for a super price!!! I also got Natures Gate Aloe and Lavendar conditoner it was $3.50 !! :thumbsup:

I need to find a tj maxx in my area because I run through the reg. size Smooth as Silk from whole foods in a week.

I wonder if they would have it at ross? isn't that kind of like tj maxx?

I need to find a tj maxx in my area because I run through the reg. size Smooth as Silk from whole foods in a week.

I wonder if they would have it at ross? isn't that kind of like tj maxx?

I think Marshall's has it also...you might check there too. It's a huge bottle for $12.99, can't beat that price for the size...it comes with pump applicator.

ETA:

I discovered I got the shampoo and not the conditioner (in a hurry) Any naturals use the Smooth as Silk sampoo and like it? Do you find it to be non drying?
ETAA: I used the shampoo and it's a keeper!! It did not strip my hair at all and my scalp felt nice and clean. It was not drying in the least. The Smooth as Silk line is a winner in my book!

Last edited:
Back