..or just dying the ends...?

Black Hoya Chick

Clearly I am bored with my hair and need SOMETHING soon. lol

I can't commit to a whole new color on my head..so how about just dying the last 1-3 inches? lolol

or two pieces in front?

some help ladies?! lol

CUTE! i love it when i see chunk hair color.

color-hair_2331.jpg

more dramatic then regular ol' highlights, and a bit safer, since you're not dying the whole head.

i'm considering something like this! maybe just henna / indigo-ing the bottom half jet black, & continue dying my roots? i dunno. but i'm in the same boat; im hair color bored, too!

Girl,

I so feel your pain!! I LOVE color. When I make my goal of APL (thinking around the Dec/Jan time frame), I am going to color my hair.

I think it depends on what you want. Do you want something more subtle/natural looking? Or something really fierce and bold?

If you want subtle, I say dye the front. For more of the bold look, do the ends, however, are you okay with your length? It's hard enough to take care of the ends, let alone dye being only on the ends of your hair. Keep that in mind.

Goodluck. Let us know if you decided to do it AND POST LOTS OF PICS!!:yep:

I always thought of experimenting with a few streaks of color here and there. I'm too afraid to dye the whole head too. At least if it falls out it will only be the streaked areas :grin:

Good luck on your decision.

Dye on sister girl do the bold look. im planning on doing that when i get to Brastrap lenght praise god hopefully its by next summer

I'm thinking of dyeing the ends of my hair when i reach my goal too. Currently i already have dyed and relaxed ends that i'm growing out, (transitioning). I'm not scared about my hair breaking, it's just that i want to be completely natural. So i may just buy some coloured weave tracks and clips and add some when my hair is straightened...maybe you should experiment with tracks

i think i may start out subtle and then after i grow and trim those ends off, something more bold. my hair is naturally very dark, so i wanted to start out with a lighter brown or something on the ends like this color:
16jfuyx.jpg
or this
33286qx.jpg

what do you all think?
I still have time to think. i won't do it until i straighten my hair in like october.

Last edited:
i think i may start out subtle and then after i grow and trim those ends off, something more bold. my hair is naturally very dark, so i wanted to start out with a lighter brown or something on the ends like this color:
16jfuyx.jpg
or this
33286qx.jpg

what do you all think?
I still have time to think. i won't do it until i straighten my hair in like october.

Those colors are so cute!! I personally like the first one the most. Let us know if you decide to do it!

I did this to my hair 3 times! I would dye my hair from the ears down a dark red. The first two times it turned blondish because of bleach, but the last time it turned brownish red because no bleach was used. I had no problems with this, and I am relaxed and use heat. I have grown out the color, now, but only because I am enjoying my natural color.

Go for it! You can always cut the ends, and if you don't go too light, you won't have to worry about your roots looking crazy or touching up the color...

eta the last time I did this (RIGHT before joining LHCF I used Hi-Rez permanent color....love it!)

Am I the only one who gets dramatic results with semi permanent color... it seems like permanent color FADES quick or washes out (unless it's red, but then it will still weaken)... within a month of dyeing.

The only color that stayed... was Textures and Tones and Clairol Hibiscus... but I had bright copper colored hair

Back