Optimum multimineral relaxer question

aliceo

Sorry if this has been asked before - I couldn't get the search function to work for me.

My question is - do I need to buy all the steps for the Optimium multimineral relaxer system? Step 1 is like a base I guess- can't I just use a thick grease like my stylist used to do? Step 3 is the neutralizer, and step 4 is a shampoo. Can I use a regular shampoo in place of step 4??
If it would be better to use all 4 or 5 steps, I'll do it - but i was just wondering if it was all necessary?

Thanks!

Hi,
I sorry but I really can't be of much help b/c I've never heard of this relaxer, however I can tell you that I would not substitute a neutralizing shampoo for a regular shampoo (if that's what you meant) it's really the most important step in the relaxer process. If I were you I probably just by all the steps just to be on the safe side.:yep: HTH!

I have used this relaxer before. IMO, you don't need the base. Vaseline or grease will work fine. Even though step 3 is a neutralizing conditioner, I do stronly suggest that you invest in a neutralizing shampoo- even if it is not the one that is made by Optimum. I like to shampoo twice and allow the shampoo to sit on the hair for at least 5 minutes each time.

Back