Optimum color treated (mild ) relaxer

shereece

Hello All

I want to know if anyone has a review on. Optimum color treated (mild ) relaxer? What is your hair type and how lond did it have to proccess on your hair and did you get good results... Thanks in advance...

New memeber

Shereece

I am an optimum user and have been for a long time. Always use a mild relaxer if you are doing it yourself even if your hair is not color treated. Using a super relaxer means that you have to rush to put it in smooth and rinse. With the mild you have more time.

The lye version is sold in separate bottles. There is the relaxer itself, the synthesis, and the neutralizing conditioning shampoo. Apply as you would a no lye making sure not to over lap onto previously relaxed hair. After smoothing for the appropriate amount of time, rinse thoroughly until all relaxer is removed, then apply synthesis according to the instructions on the bottle. Leave that in for the appropriate amount of time and then rinse out. Shampoo hair with neutralizing conditioner.

The no lye version now has a pre step which includes a bottle of white cream like stuff that is used to cover the ends of hair. It also has to be mixed with the pink color cued activator. This has a decalcifying neutralizer because this realxer will leave calcium deposits on hair. There is a reconstructor that is applyed after the neutralizer and a leave in conditioner.

Personally I hate the leave in, it makes my hair extremely dry. Maybe it is concentrated protein or something.

Read up on the differences between lye and no lye. Make the choice by your self and what works for you.

I have been switching back and forth depending on my cash flow all through high school and my hair has not seriously suffered nor have I noticed a difference in my hair. But for now, I am strictly lye.

I hope I have not been too vague. Please ask more questions if I have.

Back