Optimum Bodifying Mild Relaxer

hairgirl

Has anyone had long term success with the Optimum bodifying relaxer for fine hair? I'm trying to make a choice between this and the new mizani butter one.

Provide pros and cons if possible of Optimum's bodifying. I've had an optimum before and it was soooo strong I stopped using it. Please someone let me know your experience with the one for fine hair. Thank you.:sunshine:

Last edited:
I'm looking to see what your results were a month later. Did your hair stay soft? Did you have any abnormal breakage, etc....... I read on here that someone tried it and liked the initial 1st wk. results, but I wanna know if you still like the results like weeks or a month or two later.

sorry i cant really comment on it...i brought the relaxer and then ended up i think throwing it away or taking to a LHCF meetup...i know i posted threads about this relaxer not long back when it first came out...cant really say because i never got a chance to use it...

but i did see in the new Vibe Vixen with Rhianna on the cover that they had a lady in their that won a modeling contest or something like that and they relaxed her hair with it(which i believe was about SL or Collar bone length)..and to me the relaxer came out very nice on her..

in the words of Blaine Edwards and Antoine Marryweather "hated it"

thereis nothing mild about this relaxer, it burns and processes quickly, i was only able to leave it on my hair for less than 10 minutes and my hair was almost bone straight, my hair would have been over processed if i had left the relaxer on any longer

ohhhh...................I've poked around the internet and saw a lot of good reviews for this one. I'll post my thoughts afterwards and tell what I think of it. I have a very fine grade of hair....................and the regular optimum was too harsh for me, hoping this does the trick. I used Gentle treatment faithfully years ago until they changed the formula. Hoping this will be a replacement without the mizani butter cost. I'm crossing my fingers w/this one.

I must say this is the best relaxer I've used in years................Soft, bouncy, full and evenly processed..........I'm in love.

Back