OPRAH'S HAIR MAKEOVERS!!! CHECK OUT THE BLACK WOMEN

It made her look not only old, but dated. She looked like Ms. 1967 from the neck up! That's not a trendy style at all, no one's walking around in 2007 with that style. I would be mad if they did that to me:ohwell:

Is it just me or did they give extensions to all the black women with short hair and then cut off the hair to the black women with longer hair? In fairness, I looked and noticed that many of the white women with long hair had their hair cut too. I guess that is why they call it a makeover.....

Why does everyone's hair look so dry? The hair doesn't look like you'd want to touch it. Some of the styles might be cute if the hair itself looked better.

I guess that is why they call it a makeover.....

Yeah, but makeover doesn't always translate to make better...I only looked at a few of the others besides the black women but overall I'd say what most of those women needed were trims and an introduction to good styling products. Very few of the cuts were flattering. Maybe they needed to bring in a good colorist (I don't think the one they had counts)instead of the scissor-happy stylists. Oh, and weaves ala Beyonce?? Shoulda just said no! :nono: They all look so fake!

Ladies: Check out the link to Oprah's Hair Makeovers in 48 hours.

http://www2.oprah.com/beauty/hair/slide/20071102/haircut_main.jhtml?promocode=HP42

I think the black women look OK, but what about the sister who had beautiful , thick shoulder length hair that they cut into a pixie? I do not like it and I think it makes her look hella old.

White stylists always either want to chop of natural hair or add weave to black women.

What do you think???
Okay, aaand? They do that to white people to. That's the point of a makeover.

The women look good!

I saw that episode and it was a black hairstylist that gave her that cut. He should of done a sharp bob, not that style. I think it makes her look old as well, plus, she'll be in the salon almost every week.

that's the idea. weaves require a stylist to put them in, require maintenance, require a stylist to take them out if you've never had one before and don't want to mess up your hair. short hair cuts require stylist visits to keep them looking shaped-up, and if you wanna grow them out gracefully then it's back to the stylist you go.

that's how they keep themselves in business... :look:

Yawn. These makeovers are all the same.
If they have long hair before, chop it off.
If they have short hair before, add extensions.
If they have curly hair before, straighten it.

It made her look not only old, but dated. She looked like Ms. 1967 from the neck up! That's not a trendy style at all, no one's walking around in 2007 with that style. I would be mad if they did that to me:ohwell:

I totally agree with you. Nice long layers with bouncy girls would have gorgeous on her.

Ladies: Check out the link to Oprah's Hair Makeovers in 48 hours.

http://www2.oprah.com/beauty/hair/slide/20071102/haircut_main.jhtml?promocode=HP42

I think the black women look OK, but what about the sister who had beautiful , thick shoulder length hair that they cut into a pixie? I do not like it and I think it makes her look hella old.

White stylists always either want to chop of natural hair or add weave to black women.

What do you think???

I don't know about ya'll but I am SO NOT IMPRESSED! The naturals, they just gave perms, the perms just got color, cut and weave. I am so not impressed. There's a SERIOUS lack :wallbash:of creativity goin on and I wouldn't allow them to touch me at all :nono::sad:

I HIGHLY DOUBT and I do mean HIGHLY.. that if that woman did not want her hair cut, that they would have cut it that short.

Plus, she looked like she was wearing a half-wig in the original pic. Look closely.

Isn't most of her hair straight and then you get to the part that is past her chin and it is wavyish.

some of these stylists did the sisters dirty...the hair styles could have looked so much better...the sister with long hair, I think would have looked great with a rollerset, big natural full curls for body. if cutting is the only way you think a makeover will do, or just switching my bangs to the opposite side, you need a new career....come near me with a pair a scissors, and it's on like popcorn!!!:catfight: on some of the other women, wearing a smile made a bigger difference in the before and after pics:grin:

Hmm I think most of the makeovers (black and white) where kinda :perplexed. I would have expected better from the Oprah team.

Chayil

The Black woman with the new pixie cut? She asked for it, she loved it as well as her husband...she was not forced to cut it, she really did ask for it.

I don't know about ya'll but I am SO NOT IMPRESSED! The naturals, they just gave perms, the perms just got color, cut and weave. I am so not impressed. There's a SERIOUS lack :wallbash:of creativity goin on and I wouldn't allow them to touch me at all :nono::sad:

yup...all of the styles sucked...

Yawn. These makeovers are all the same.
If they have long hair before, chop it off.
If they have short hair before, add extensions.
If they have curly hair before, straighten it.

Exactly. The point is to make the person look different. So they take it to the other extreme.

Some of them looked good, others looked a hot mess! One of the women black women had nice, long hair and they cut it so super short! I didn't really like the way the short hair looked on her. But some were really nice. The best transformation to me was the guy. He went from Harry and the Hendersons to Hottie!

Back