Opinions on Aveda Curessence

EmeraldSky

<font color="purple">Has anyone tried the Aveda Curessence shampoo or conditioner and if so is it any good? I'm considering getting it because it's supposed to have protein in it and great for chemically treated/damaged hair, I would love opinions before purchasing them, they're expensive!

Thanks everyone /images/graemlins/smile.gif </font>

I would really like to know the verdict on this product as well. EmeraldSky, the Aveda stores have samples (or travel size bottles) of their products. They are not for free though, they run for $4.00. I know how you feel though, the products really expensive (don't want to be buying anything that's expensive that does nothing for your hair).

Okay, I tried it and I loved it.
(I'll keep my review short-er, since I tried posting a really long one this weekend and the PC froze on me!)

I went to my first AVEDA store this weekend to finally buy the Sap Moss shampoo that some naturals have been raving over on these boards. I was about to buy it when a guy that worked there took it from me, put it back, and suggested Curessence for my type of hair.
nuts.gif
I thought this man was crazy to have me buy something else after months of wanting to get this Sap Moss. He explained that many women with my type of hair had complained that it was drying to their hair. Curessence is a protein conditioner designed to wash moisture into the hair. Mind you, I had never heard of Curessence and was ready to walk off with my Sap Moss, but I decided to try it, since he said I could return it if I didn't like it. (they didn't have Curessence trial sizes either, but I got the Sap Moss trial size just for back-up)

I went home to try it; understand my situation first... I have had over a month
sekret.gif
of a problem with my hair smelling like old hair grease after washing it, whether it was conditioner washed or shampoo washed (tried 3 different shampoos
frown.gif
). My hair would come out smelling dirty. I tried this Curessence, and it worked like a charm!
grin.gif

I have my beautiful hair back
cry3.gif
. And when I put conditioner in it and rinsed it, it actually still smelled like the conditioner! The Curessence felt like a gel between my hands, and it seemed to wash nicely into my hair, no strippy feeling at all, and it was very detangling--after weeks of not even being able to get a comb though conditioner-soaked hair, I was able to comb my hair with this shampoo in it
grin.gif
. When I was done, my hair came out soft 'n fluffy, and smelling real good.

NOTE: I also purchased the Brilliant conditioner, per the salesman's recommendations, but it didn't feel moisturizing at all. I applied a VO5 conditioner over it. I took back the Brilliant and the Sap Moss sample--smelled like wood anyway!

FYI: the salesman also told me that Brilliant shampoo/line is good for infrequent washing, like a clarifyer for hair that is full of oils, moisturizers, and other build-up. He also said that the Curessence line is for chemically-treated or damaged hair. My hair is just natural and it worked just fine for me.

I've only used the Curessence leave-in conditioner and I remember not liking it...made my hair dry/hard...maybe it was from the protein.

The salesperson didn't recommend any of the Curessence conditioners... in all the excitement, I forgot to ask him about them.

Back