Only used 1/2 tub of Lye Relaxer; can I save the rest?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies,

First off, I am so happy. Happier than I've been in a long time with my hair.

So, last night, I relaxed using ORS Lye relaxer. I really wanted to try Mizani (too expensive), Lady Velvet (couldn't find), Profectiv (realized that I wanted to try Lye first), or Elasta QP (couldn't find the neutralizer).

Let me tell you: the Holy Spirit was really working with me last night and led me to ORS Lye for Fine, Medium Hair!

My experience was wonderful! :yay::yay::yay: NO Breakage! NO Shedding! NO Dryness! And my hair has grown!! I'm almost APL, about 1" to claim it! I didn't expect to see it until Christmas!! :dance7:

I based my hairline, nape, ears with Vaseline. I didn't base my scalp.

Parted my hair in four sections.

Added CHI Silk Infusion to each of the sections, concentrating on the newgrowth (thank you Nav, Sareca :kiss:)

Then, added Suave Coconut Conditioner to the relaxed hair only (thank you so much, LocksofLuv! :kiss::kiss::kiss:)

Added 2 tablespoons of EVOO and 1 tablespoon of Almond Oil to the relaxer

Then worked each section, focusing first on my crown, which had the most new growth. It took me all of 7 minutes for my entire head. My hair immediately began to straighten as soon as I began to apply the relaxer, but NO BURNING whatsoever! NONE!

At 10 minutes, I added relaxer to my edges, which are the most delicate and fragile.

At 12 minutes I began to smooth the relaxer slightly but no too much. I don't want it too straight.

At 15 minutes I rinsed well, using the Neutralizing Shampoo 3X :kiss:, the Aloe Creme Shampoo 3X :kiss:, and finished off with the Replenishing Pak :love:, which I left on with alma oil for about 30 minutes, no heat.

The only rule I violated was that I used heat to straighten so that I could take updated pics for you ladies. But I won't use heat again until I update at the next relaxer in October.

One question I do have is: I only used 1/2 tub of the ORS Lye with the added EVOO and Almond Oils. Can I use the rest of the relaxer in October when I relax again; or, do I have to throw it away?:confused:

Thank you again to everyone who provided great tips and encouragement:

LocksofLuv, Trimbride, HoneyDew, La Flaca, Bablou001, Sareca, JLove74 and many, many others! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

To all my fine-haired ladies afraid to try Lye, I think I've found my staple relaxer: ORS Lye! :yay::yay::clapping:

Pictures will be here next week! :yay:

Yes, you can save it. Preserve it by putting it in the fridge until you plan to use it. FYI- take it out of the fridge a few hour before you plan to use it! I tried to put it in my head once str8 outta da fridge...........and BABY- I got the worst brain freezed ever!!:eek: U heard me?

Back