Online Dating User Names.....WTH!

Dacia38

I think the title says it all. I just signed up with match.com. I'm not heavy into dating online, but I'm just not feeling the club/bar social scene etc. Basically...I'm just being lazy.

Anywho....I'm looking at some of these brotha's user names and can't help but to wonder where they come up with this stuff. I'm wondering if they really think the username describes them or something. Mind you...my user names tend to be as boring and blah(I chalk that up to my non-creative side), but come on brotha's "brownskinprinze" you're anything but..."xpertluva" says who boo? "onehandsomeman" If you say so...

If the user name doesn't get you you click on the profile and check out the photo (jacked and usually busted), then get into the bio's. Ok...I'm trying to learn a little something from you by reading your bio, not about everything you DON't like in a women.

Nothign wrong with a person having high self-esteem, but dang...I wonder what world some of these people live in. Oh well...I guess if nothing else I can continue to use match.com for the entertainment value.

Just an observation.....

~Dee

My all time favorite - Brick_Nipples and his userpic was himself lying on the ground with 'WELCOME' written in sharpie marker on his bare, skinny chest. No, I did not message him but man, I got a good laugh out of that one :rofl:

My all time favorite - Brick_Nipples and his userpic was himself lying on the ground with 'WELCOME' written in sharpie marker on his bare, skinny chest. No, I did not message him but man, I got a good laugh out of that one :rofl:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Engrained in my mind forever.

Girl, use match.com for entertainment only. There are just too many weirdos on that site as you already know based off the lame usernames. Don't waste your time or money.

ETA: I used to be on there and this one dude used his phone number as his user name. How desperate can you be?

Yeah, I was on match for about 7 months or so. I didn't find anyone interesting enough. I think it's good for entertainment..that's about it :ohwell:.

ETA: I used to be on there and this one dude used his phone number as his user name. How desperate can you be?

Wow...that is desperate. I wish I knew what I knew BEFORE I got a subscription. Luckily I got a coupon code so the damage only costs me apprx $40 for the 3 months. I'd cancel in a heartbeat if they offered prorated refunds. If nothing else signing up gave me the motivation to get back out on the dating circuit and meet my weirdos face-to-face :perplexed.

I'll keep a lookey out for my supposed "matches", but no more online subscriptions for me.

~Dee

POF is terrible.

Never met anyone off there.

Met a perfect guy on OKCupid though and blew it *sigh*

Just got a mail from "Biglunchboxfun4u" -_-

Wow...that is desperate. I wish I knew what I knew BEFORE I got a subscription. Luckily I got a coupon code so the damage only costs me apprx $40 for the 3 months. I'd cancel in a heartbeat if they offered prorated refunds. If nothing else signing up gave me the motivation to get back out on the dating circuit and meet my weirdos face-to-face :perplexed.

I'll keep a lookey out for my supposed "matches", but no more online subscriptions for me.

~Dee

Yes girl! I did the 3 month subscription too for $40 and I ended it before it ran out. There are too many weirdos on there. Folks pictures are not current and their teeth look jacked up in person. I would put my income/education preference and get hits from dudes that weren't even close to my expectations. The guys act so desperate and all they want is sex or they are trying to marry you the first day they meet you. I also had my age preference that didn't go past 35 and I still had dudes 60 yrs old stalking me.

I tried Christian mingle and that was no better. I didn't pay for the subscription tho. I actually met my current boyfriend on blackplanet. I was bored one day and opened an account. Our first meetup I went to choir day at his church. They have a dating section and its free. One thing I did learn is it really doesn't matter whether you pay for a subscription or its free. You still come across crazies.

That place is a loser dumping ground.

Loserville!!!! I erased my profile quick fast. I was talking to this one dude over the phone and he kept trying to get me to come to his house saying we could get to know each other better in the house because being out in a public place is too noisy :perplexed. I deaded that real quick because I was trying to end up on the 10'oclock news :nono:

:lol: @ the POF hate.

i made an account because i heard how trashy it was and before i even filled out my profile or put pics up i got messages from lames.:ohwell: the only section that had something was my bio/about me(?) section and it literally said "lkdjfajdf".:nono::rofl:

I am over online dating too. I just signed up for Zoosk. It is for entertainment purposes only. Don't waste your money! I signed up for one month and when July 10th arrives, I won't be able to click on the "cancel" button fast enough. It's no better that match.com. A few men sent me their phone numbers. These guys are just a hot mess.

Zoosk has no way of contacting them other than online. I've emailed them twice to find out if there is a refund policy and have not received a reply. This was two days ago.

Plus Zoosk ask for too much money (IMO).

Last edited:
OKCupid seemed nice, showed me a different array of guys. POF guy was trying to get me to spend the weekend at his house as the FIRST meeting. Blackplanet was a mess...I wasn't even on there for dating.

That place is a loser dumping ground.

Really? The best dates I ever had were on POF.
I got more positive results on that sight than any other sight without paying a penny.

Now Match. co*m and Eharm*ny pssh. Thats where I met one nicca who only bought 16 dollars to our date and asked me if I had some cash to pay for the rest of the meal. :perplexed

One weird name I have heard of was TexasPhatWinky. He was cool and funny, but I had to cut him off after I asked for another pic of him and he sent me the paynus pic :perplexed

Last edited:
Really? The best dates I ever had were on POF.
I got more positive results on that sight than any other sight without paying a penny.

Now Match. co*m and Eharm*ny pssh. Thats where I met one nicca who only bought 16 dollars to our date and asked me if I had some cash to pay for the rest of the meal. :perplexed

One weird name I have heard of was TexasPhatWinky. He was cool and funny, but I had to cut him off after I asked for another pic of him and he sent me the paynus pic :perplexed

I literally laughed until I cried at the bolded. Thank you for that.

meeting someone online is hit or miss really. i just wanted to avoid crazies. nothing is fool proof but i went with Eharm because i felt the likelihood was lower.

Btw, has anyone gone on those dating sites for women who want to marry rich men? :look:

Back