Online dating: Skype first?

emilymichelle

ig@ellehighon
I have been going on a whole lot of online dates the past 6 months or so, and I am tired of a bunch of first dates that lead nowhere. While I am still trying to pin the cause down, I think in the meantime I will start doing the "first" date over skype just to instill a bit more investment.

I am starting to feel like we do this whole thing of meeting in real life to move beyond the pictures. And it moves quickly because no one wants to be stuck in this mystery element of what-do-you-really-look-like. But maybe it happens before either party is really interested because it ends up being all part of the online game. If you're not going to like me in real life, let's get that out of the way from the comfort of my own home before I waste outfits, potentially money, and calories.

So far I have skyped with one guy and we are meeting this weekend. I haven't progressed to that point with more guys yet though.

Would you skype first/do you think it's a better idea/how would you feel if a man demanded a skype first?

Back