Online Dating: Give me the Scoop

LoveisYou

I've never tried online dating before and I have some questions for you ladies who have. Here goes:

1. Are you in your 20s, 30s or 40s?

2. What website(s) have you joined?

3. How has online dating been for you so far? (quality of men, dates etc.)

4. any advice for those new to online dating?

1. Are you in your 20s, 30s or 40s? late 20s.

2. What website(s) have you joined? match.com, chemistry.com, yahoo personals, lavalife.com, howboutwe.com, okcupid, cupidtino....

3. How has online dating been for you so far? (quality of men, dates etc.) it's been crap.

4. any advice for those new to online dating? don't do it as your main way to meet guys. nothing beats a chance meeting in person when you least expect it in real life. online dating is superficial. lots of men do not represent themselves honestly... (in terms of looks, age, marital status, what they're -really- looking for). and don't pay for it if you don't have to. it is not worth it.

I'm in my 20's and have tried both eharmony and Match.com. If I had to pick between the two I would say that Match was better as far as being able to search and being able to reach out to someone of interest. Eharmony tries to do everything for you and does NOT match according to your preference! I spent a few months on both and found very few real good guys and LOTS of liars. Example: don't say your 35 but your really 45.. Um 6'1 is not 5'8.. Etc.. I know folks who found love on Eharmony too so try them out an if you don't like it cancel (oh yeah canceling is a whole other story)!

1. Are you in your 20s, 30s or 40s? 20s

2. What website(s) have you joined? Afroromance, okcupid some others i can't remember. Sorry

3. How has online dating been for you so far? (quality of men, dates etc.) I tried it awhile back, the responses were generally.....interesting for lack of a better word
lol.gif
i did get a lot of older white men contacting me...not sure what was up with that. Okcupid is iffy to say the least. you have alot of men viewing your profile...sometimes multiple times per day but will not contact you. When I initiated contact with some of them...they came back to view my profile yet again stiiiillll without saying a thing or responding back...men smdh
lol.gif
. Your experiences might vastly differ from mine of course. I say all this to say give it a try, keep your profiles very short and simple and enjoy yourself :)

4. any advice for those new to online dating? haha see above
lol.gif
sorry i typed all that before seeing this question. One more thing and some might disagree with me but if i find i guy i'm interested in, i initiate conversation. Whether or not he responds is up to him. At least i did my part
yep.gif

Back