Online dating... advice needed

blissy

Hello LHCF'ers

I recently joined the "match" and I need some girlfriend help. How long before you exchange emails do you give your number or agree to met?

Any success stories? Any advice?

blissy

Hello LHCF'ers

I recently joined the "match" and I need some girlfriend help. How long before you exchange emails do you give your number or agree to met?

Any success stories? Any advice?

blissy

No, do not give your number unless you feel very comfortable with the man. Once you decide to give your phone number only give your cell number. Meet him when you feel you should, it's up to you; some I met within a week, others it took weeks,months. Do not be surprised when you have what you feel is a fantastic date but never hear from him again...it happens or you do not like him at all yet he pesters the heck out of you for another date. Takes time, effort and a lot of bravery. The whole thing can be a lot of fun and a serious drag...but do it..it may be worth your efforts. Be yourself....don't "be" anything but yourself.

Thank you for responding and your advice.

I "met" a few people. One of the men seemed pretty accomplished, for the most part his emails matched however on the phone....he sounds very young. Topics of me and mine... talks a mile a minute and to himself I may add. I'm tyring.

Today I found myself wondering what in the world I'm doing in cyberspace looking for a date. Doggone.

I need some happy stories that came out of online dating.

well the man i met on line....we corresponded via e-mail ( i had my e-mail address on my page and he started e-mailing me :look:)....then we spoke on IM...we kind of bumped into eachother...not looking just cruising (it started off as a "hey i see you vised my page"...then i responded...and the convo kept rolling)...we exchanged numbers after a week....we met 2-3 days later...he drove up her to see me....then he took me to a play ...never thought i could find what i found...and wasnt "looking"...i was kinda fed up...its new still so its whatever but, it sure gives me hope....so do what feels best for you. As long as both of you are mature..i dont see why it would be a problem (exchanging info...like the other poster said...only do celly). Also, dont expect anything..just go with the flow...

I met my current bf online. Before that 2/3 years ago I tried the online thing and met a few people that I clicked with buyt no big sparks.

As far as the phone contact. Do what you feel comfortable with. I much rather talk sooner than later because you can tell more about a person's personality than through email, which can be more misleading, things can get lost in translation, etc.

Meeting let someone else know where you are going and meet in a public place, of course. Try a low-stress type date. I found it easier to pick a larg town center type place. THat way you can do dinner, if its going well maybe go somewhere in the center for coffee or desert, or just walk around.

Current BF laughs that I had him going to every towncenter in our metro area. But thats what we did the first few dates. dinner/movie, dinner, dessert, dinner window shop/walk around.

Good Luck

I met my current BF online. We met on black singles. Our first line of communication was through IM. We would set a specific time of day to talk to each other since we both work 2 jobs it was difficult. After one week, I gave him my telephone number. The next week we decided to meet each other and go to the movies and we have been together ever since. It really depends upon your comfort level. Any guy that meets you online would understand that. Mine understood that there are "nuts" out here. But hey, mine is a Correctional Office. Just take things as they come and make sure that you are comfortable and is able to trust this man before making any major moves.

You've gotten some really good advice from the posters here.

My advice;

I someone seems "pressed" to meet, that's a red flag. Stay away.
If the person only wants to meet @ your house, stay away.

Also, keep in mind, a lot of people misrepresent themselves online. Take all that is said in stride.

Back