Online Daters Check-In

classimami713 said:
For the craiglisters, did you post pics?
come to think of it, I didn't post a pic when I found my guy. I basically described my physical self and talked a little about my personality and promised pic4pic.

If your ad is good then you'll get responses with lots of pictures too! Then you just pick and choose who you respond to. The best thing is that your email is anonymous and, if you're tired of receiving ads you can delete your posting.

SweetNic_JA said:
come to think of it, I didn't post a pic when I found my guy. I basically described my physical self and talked a little about my personality and promised pic4pic.

If your ad is good then you'll get responses with lots of pictures too! Then you just pick and choose who you respond to. The best thing is that your email is anonymous and, if you're tired of receiving ads you can delete your posting.

Pic 4 pic--that's a good idea.

sky_blu said:
So how did you all get the nerve to meet these people?? Im still on this ODT and its like they send you a note, flirt, or whatever than they like lets meet tonight :ohwell: I just dont feel comfortable meeting somebody who I havent even talked to yet....Its like what if they dont look like they pic?? What if they dont like me? What if they totally out there and crazy? Crazy people dont care nothing about being in public. Im just scared of meeting some weirdos.

Can somebody answer my question? Thank you kindly lol

sky_blu said:
Oh sorry Sky! I kind of touched on that on another post but I'll just say it again. It took about 3 weeks for me to finally meet my guy face to face. We had a stream of emails and telephone calls before we set a date. In the emails and phone calls we discussed the basics, like what our days were like (me fighting an auto ticket -- DAMN NY DMV!!!..and him studying for his exam), and also places we've visited as well as any other thing that gave us a good feel about the other.

Our first date was at a quaint little restaurant with food we both liked -- and a drink he absolutely LOOOOVES :D. I didn't care to much for it - but I'm developing a taste for it so...everything is all good.

Now for you, I say you and your potential guy should set the pace that's right for you. If you talk to this guy for a few weeks but don't feel comfortable enough to meet, then don't. But if that hesitancy is there after a couple months then I think one or both of you really aren't interested in meeting or don't trust the other and I personally would back off.

i posted my AD on the 17th and ims till getting replies. some slow guys and some fast ones. i just make sure i get to talk to them on the phone asap.

WHAT?? You posted your ad 2 days ago and already met him?? You're brave. Although I haven't done craigs list I have couple of profiles on other sites and from my experience I like to exchange a few emails...a week or two worth depending on how well they go. Then I like to IM....I like a guy with a good sense of humor and wit so the real time chat is interesting. IF that goes well than I take his # and call AND THEN :lol: IF the phone call goes well then I give him my #.

Geez...I wanna give CL a try, but I don't know what to say...maybe ya'll could help me, I can be the guinea pig...lets see how well this goes.

kisz4tj said:
WHAT?? You posted your ad 2 days ago and already met him?? You're brave. Although I haven't done craigs list I have couple of profiles on other sites and from my experience I like to exchange a few emails...a week or two worth depending on how well they go. Then I like to IM....I like a guy with a good sense of humor and wit so the real time chat is interesting. IF that goes well than I take his # and call AND THEN :lol: IF the phone call goes well then I give him my #.

Geez...I wanna give CL a try, but I don't know what to say...maybe ya'll could help me, I can be the guinea pig...lets see how well this goes.

i try to talk on the phone with them because its easy to lie in emails but harder on the phone. and its even harder to lie in real life. most of the guys, we've exchange like 3 or 4 emails a day. i didnt post a pic. i just asked them to send me pics first then i replied with my own pics.

sky_blu said:

Well, with me, as Nic said, it took a couple of weeks....4-5 weeks to be exact. We had exchange soo many text messages and hours upon hours (literally) of phone time. Although I did ask him if he had any references :lol: (which he did instantly provide). But so after those weeks of making sure we clicked, we went out for dinner and had a great time!

Now I know mostly everyone in his life that he's close to....I've talked on the phone with his Mom, sis, and best friends. That is something important to me with online AND real life relationships. HTH!

well, i joined another dating site....plentyoffish.com. its free to communicate, emails and instant messaging and forums on there. everything is free.
update on the guy i met from craigslist:
so far, ive seen him nearly everyday since we met and there's some progress. im still talking to other guys and will go out with other guys. keeping my options open ya know.

toosexy1 said:
well, i joined another dating site....plentyoffish.com. its free to communicate, emails and instant messaging and forums on there. everything is free.
so far, ive seen him nearly everyday since we met and there's some progress. im still talking to other guys and will go out with other guys. keeping my options open ya know.
Wow that's cool. It sounds like you two really clicked. Keep us updated, please.

toosexy1 said:

Thanks for the heads up about plentyoffish.com. I had never heard of them before.

Back