One Year Post BC Update - *PICS*

SunnyHoney

Hi All,

Next week marks the one year anniversary of my BC. :cheers: My last relaxer was was Oct 2009. I BC'd in mid June 2010.

I've loved the journey so far. I have received some sage wisdom, guidance, encouragement and help along the way and honestly could not have done it without LHCF.:blowkiss:

Thanks to all of you who foster a warm and welcoming environment to learn. Thanks for being honest, open and generous with your knowledge. HHG

My journey so far (sorry the pics are shrinking...click to enlarge):
2010-07.jpg2010-11.jpg2011-02.jpg2011-06.jpg

Attachments

• Year Comparison.jpg
    Year Comparison.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hey "last relaxer/BC buddy"! LOL....we share the same "last relaxer" month and the same BC month :)

Your hair looks GORGEOUS- you clearly are doing a great job with it! Now, share that reggie- stat!

Thats a pretty texture of hair you have!

Darn that hair was RUNNIN down your back!

Good God girl what were you DOING?

Hey "last relaxer/BC buddy"! LOL....we share the same "last relaxer" month and the same BC month :)

Your hair looks GORGEOUS- you clearly are doing a great job with it! Now, share that reggie- stat!

Yay! Ok, then, we'll have to keep in touch, it helps to go through the stages with someone! :runninghug:

Wow, your retention and progress is amazing.

What's your reggie?

Thats a pretty texture of hair you have!

Darn that hair was RUNNIN down your back!

Good God girl what were you DOING?

Thanks so much, ladies! I'll post regi next.

Pretty hair.
Do you usually wear it straight?

Thanks! I really don't like to wear it straight much, in fact I think in the last year, it was only straight those 4 times that those pictures were taken! I straightened for special events. A press can last up to about 2 weeks without any reversion, but I usually am eager to go back to curls after about 4 days. I just feel like it's too lifeless when it's straight, I've become so used to my wavy/curly state. Not to mention I hate that my kids pull at it, it's in the way when I bend over or sit down, and I keep my hands in it too much...and the dryness is just not for me...I've become a bit of a moisture fanatic!

My regi? um...here goes:

So I have come from trying everything to doing nothing! :lol:. I mean I went through a phase where I was doing a lot. I've tried henna, dc'ing, honey treatments, supplements, and other stuff. And while I don't regret having tried it, I can say now I do pretty much nothing and really haven't noticed much difference.

I cowash with a cheap(ish) conditioner daily, Aussie Moist...:yep: Yup, daily!

I use generous amount of Mixed Chicks Leave-in (my MUST-HAVE, will-go-broke-to-buy-it-product) while wet. Seal with EVCO (or EVOO if I'm out of EVCO)

Slick top and sides with Fantasia IC gel (non-drying, good hold)

Then I "bun" it, but really my "bun" is just twisting it up into a clip that covers it almost completely. I rarely use pins or bands, but occasionally will.

At night I take it down for about half an hour to let it dry a bit, but not completely then do one or two braids or french braids with a satin bonnet.

I wash with Nioxin shampoo once a week and follow with that cheap(ish) condish

My "occasionals":
I sometimes will use sulfur mixed with EVOO (I always forget to do it, and haven't in several months, but I think it did help my scalp health. I sometimes use Aphogee Reconstructor if I feel like my strands are too weak, but that's rare, maybe once every 3 months. I sometimes use a glyercin curl activator for moisture, but have experienced too much moisture sometimes, so that's maybe once in a blue moon (or when I have no more MC). I don't DC.

I keep it so simple that sometimes I question it myself, but I think the most important thing (for me) is moisture and staying distracted FROM my hair, because the more I think about it, the more I "do" and then before I know it, I'm overdoing it!

Thanks, again, for all the comments!

Last edited:
you've had some amazing growth...hoping to find a simple reggie soon bcuz I refuse to go broke being a PJ and trial and error...its driving me NUTZ

Great job though.

you've had some amazing growth...hoping to find a simple reggie soon bcuz I refuse to go broke being a PJ and trial and error...its driving me NUTZ

Great job though.

For me it was a must. I literally spend less than 5 minutes on my hair a day, and honestly, that's 5 more than I have to spare. But I have to say, if not for trying the complex, I wouldn't have discovered the simplicity. Good luck nailing down your regi! PM me if you want to talk about some of the stuff I tried.

Back