One Year Natural! Check My Progress and What I've Learned...

ScandalousBeauty

I'm really, really happy to say that I am one year natural. My hair is thick and luscious and my hair is in the best shape of my life. I only went natural so I could have some sexy press n curls, I NEVER wanted an afro. But, after I wore my hair our and about (8 months after the BC :perplexed)I started to get so many compliments. When I'm working at the makeup counter, people always feel like they can come talk to me and ask me natural questions, and I always give them the scoop. In one year, I ended up hitting shoulder length, after having 3 trims in 2007. I am so ridiculously happy, I should have gone natural years ago. It was so worth it!

What I've Learned
-Curly Meringue and Curly Pudding=Fantasia IC Gel. My curls look EXACTLY the same if not better when I use the cheapie stuff.
-Applying the Gel or Miss Jessies in the shower to dripping wet hair, saturating it, rinsing it out and shaking my hair like a wet dog gives great results.
-Twist outs are the Truth!!!
-Shea Butter, Glycerin, Aloe Vera, and EVOO are my best friends.
-Aveda Damage Remedy products saved my hair

All of my pics are in my hair fotki, below in my siggy. And, if you are interested, I have a few video reviews of Aveda, Oyin, Mizani, Ellin LeVar, Redken and a few more on youtube. Also on that page I have a few makeup tutorials if you want to learn about foundation, shadow and anything like that. Enjoy!!!

WoW..ur hair looks great:grin:! I'm going into a 6 month transition right now! But congrats on learning and doing whats best for you and your hair! :yep:

You got a lot of growth congrats!

I checked out your makeup tutorials and you're pretty. You got me eyeing that beautiful iris. :yep:

Congrats on your one year anniversary! I remember when you first bc'd. Your hair has really grown a lot and I like the color too.

Back