One year anniversary of hair growth...pics included.

LuLu

Hey girls /images/graemlins/wave.gif
This month marks one year that I have been a member here and one year since I decided to grown my hair out...There are monthly progress pics in my album.

I'm also happy to say I think I found "my relaxer" I was using no-lye for a long time but I switched to lye to see if my hair wouldn't be as dry....well it wasn't dry but the lye didn't straighten my hair.

Well yesterday I tried Hawaiian Silky and it actually straightened my hair and it's a lye! I'm so excited.
But let me say that if you have a really sensitive head...you might not want to go with HS.

Comments are appreciated! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ETA: Wow...down to the day I registered...how weird is that?

Wow...you need a side by side picture..your growth is very impressive /images/graemlins/up.gif! Happy anniversary, too /images/graemlins/dance7.gif!

You have a lot of growth in one year!!! Congrats. Your hair looks very shiny and healthy.

WOW!! Congratulations on your anniversary mark! Your pictures are an inspiration..keep on doing your thing girl!

VERY INSPIRING! Congratulations on your growth. Looks like you maintained a lot of it. How about a side by side pic of 2003-4 ?

Wow! You have made great progress in just a year. /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif Congratulations!

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Okay girls...my best attempt at a side by side is in the October 2004 folder...It's not that great though /images/graemlins/look.gif

I would spill my regimen...if I really had one...the only staple I have is mizani moisturfuse...everything else I change around all the time.

I wash weekly then condition with a protein conditioner(cholesterol or keraphix), then condition with a moisturizing conditioner.

I usually blowdry or airdry(depending on how lazy I am) an flat iron. The rest of the week I wrap with pantene r&n moisturizer and a hair oil.

That's it...I'm a simple girl, I had lots of problems with my hair in high school but as I got older I got to know my hair and basically my hair is pretty durable when it comes to chemicals(I'm relaxed and colored) the only thing it doesn't handle is heat.

Relaxing...ya'll are going to kill me but I have to be honest...I relax every 4-5 weeks. /images/graemlins/spank.gif

I know, I know but... my hair grows too fast and once I get passed 1- 1 1/2 inches I can't deal with my hair and it will break at the new growth...but my hair is very healthy so I guess you have to do what works for you. I've just finished gaining the length back that I had before..but I'm going to let it grow some more because I know it will get long if I just don't cut it(I used to be one of those girls that got trimmed every 6-8 weeks)

I'm done babbling!

You are now officially my hair inspiration. I am currently where you were a year ago so I will be monitoring my progress by yours.....

Great job with your hair....it's beautiful!!!

Your hair is beautiful. I didn't notice ONE broken hair!!! What wonderful progress you've made /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Keep a Growin' Girly!

Your hair is hot girl. It's very pretty and I like your highlight. It looks very healthy too.

Aww! Thanks for all of the compliments you guys..I have you guys to thank...I've learned a lot about hair here.

Thanks for all the responses you guys! and all the nice comments in my folder...ya'll are the best /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Back