One of the ingredients in my cheapie conditioner is...

Caramela

tonight I was enjoying a shower and c/o wash and happened to glance at the ingredients on the back of the bottle. One of them was potato starch and I cannot for the life of me figure out how potato starch would be good for the hair. Does anyone know what the benefits, if any would be of this odd ball ingredient?

tonight I was enjoying a shower and c/o wash and happened to glance at the ingredients on the back of the bottle. One of them was potato starch and I cannot for the life of me figure out how potato starch would be good for the hair. Does anyone know what the benefits, if any would be of this odd ball ingredient?

Hi Caramela!

They use Potato starch as a thickner and an emulsifier

It is in some Loreal Vive and Garnier ones too.

I actually like the Loreal ones that contain this. Most times it is pretty high up on the ingredient list too.

It is in some Loreal Vive and Garnier ones too.

I actually like the Loreal ones that contain this. Most times it is pretty high up on the ingredient list too.

You just reminded me that it is all up in the vive pro stuff. Its in kerastase too, high on the ingredients list. On the beauty brains website, they were breaking down Kerastase and basically how many of their formulas are found in cheaper stuff like the vive pro and potato starch was in it.

It was high up on the ingredient list in my conditioner too. The conditioner did leave my hair feeling buttery soft so I'm going to keep using it.

Back