One of my best braid outs!.....(IMHO)

silkii_locks

Hi Ladies,
I've been rockin' braidouts for the last week or so and this one turned out pretty nice so I decided to share. Hope you guys like it! :yep:

th_bestbraidout-3.jpg
th_bestbraidout-5.jpg
th_bestbraidout-6.jpg
th_bestbraidout-7.jpg
th_bestbraidout-2.jpg
th_bestbraidout-1.jpg

For those interested:

I clarified with Sally's Generic Aloe Rid.
Followed with Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo.
Applied Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor for 3-5 minutes and rinsed.
Followed that up with a mixture of Fredrick Fekkai Shea Butter condish and Victoria's Secret So Sexy conditioner (the smell is to die for!):lick:
Left the condish mix on for about 5 mins or so and rinsed.
Wraped hair with a towel for a few minutes.

Then I applied my leave in's which were:
Rusk Smoother Leave In Condish
Mizani Wrap Foam
VS So Sexy Detangling Spray (Again for the smell)
Sally's Generic Chi Silk Infusion.

I then parted my hair into 3 sections going straight back. Then I parted each section horizontily and braided straight back, so I ended up with a total of 6 braids. I slept with my soft bonnet hair dryer on low. Undid the braids this morning and went to work!

It looks great!!

Can I ask a slightly unrelated question...why did you clarify and then use shampoo? I always wonder about that when people do it.

It looks great!!

Can I ask a slightly unrelated question...why did you clarify and then use shampoo? I always wonder about that when people do it.

Thank you so much. To answer your question, I guess I do it because I don't like how my hair feels after I clarify, so when I follow with my regular shampoo it just feels better to me. I know it's probably a bit redundant but I've just always done it that way. And the clarifying shampoo makes my regular 'poo lather a lot better.

Thank you so much. To answer your question, I guess I do it because I don't like how my hair feels after I clarify, so when I follow with my regular shampoo it just feels better to me. I know it's probably a bit redundant but I've just always done it that way. And the clarifying shampoo makes my regular 'poo lather a lot better.

Oh ok.

It just always seems so weird to me. The clarifier gets your hair super duper clean. And then to shampoo again seems like it'd just dry the hair completely out. Then you have to make up for it with the conditioner. It just seems like all that extra washing is unnecessary.

But what works for one doesn't work for another:yep::yep:.

you slept with the hair bonnet dryer?

how do u like it? what is it like? (i many buy one 2morrow)

Oh ok.

But what works for one doesn't work for another:yep::yep:.

Yes this is very true. But honestly this is not something I do very often. When I'm wearing braidouts I tend to use products with a lot of cone's, this is why I used the clarifying shampoo, to remove the cones.

you slept with the hair bonnet dryer?

how do u like it? what is it like? (i many buy one 2morrow)

Yep:yep: I do it all the time. I love my soft bonnet dryer, duct tape and all. LOL! I would be so hopelessy lost without it. The hood is really big so I can do rollersets and all.

Very pretty!!! I'll have to try out your method with my next one (mine didn't go so well, :look::lachen:)

Thank you. Just keep trying different techniques until you find one that works for you. I've been doing these for about 7 years now and I'm still finding little things to change and improve on.

Yep:yep: I do it all the time. I love my soft bonnet dryer, duct tape and all. LOL! I would be so hopelessy lost without it. The hood is really big so I can do rollersets and all.

so it's like hot air that comes out?

if i already own a hooded dryer...do u think i would need the soft bonnet?
(i'm asking cuz i usually airdry my braidouts...but i want something easier than the hooded dryer to dry them fast)

so it's like hot air that comes out?

if i already own a hooded dryer...do u think i would need the soft bonnet?
(i'm asking cuz i usually airdry my braidouts...but i want something easier than the hooded dryer to dry them fast)

Yeah, there's a hose that connects to the back of the hood and that's where the air comes out. Mine has two tempuratures and two speeds. The "Hot" setting gets extremely hot and drys the hair super fast, but I would never sleep with it on this setting.

It's just like a regular dryer but the hood is a plastic cap that you put directly on your head like a "bonnet'. I use it because I hate traditional hair dryers, so this is like a God send. You can relax on the couch and watch tv or better yet go to sleep!

Check out my album for pics in the rollerset album.

Lovely! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the product info! I have the VS so sexy hair polisher for the scent. That scent really is sexy... lol

It turned out nice. I did one yesterday for the second time. Now, I just have to figure out how to make them last for more than 2 days.

That is a fabulous looking braidout. Great work. Your hair looks so healthy and the shine is just amazing.

Back