One 'n Only Argan Oil Shampoo

princessdi

Okay, I have a question. I've read several threads where people have stated that they love this shampoo because it's sulfate-free. I love the shampoo too; however, I stopped using it because it has Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate in it. Isn't this a sulfate or is it the same as Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is said to be bad for your hair?:ohwell:

I get confused about these sulfates. If the ingredients are not bad in this shampoo, I'd like to continue to use, but if not, whether my hair works well with it or not, it has to go. Here is the complete ingredient list:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-150 Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Steareth-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

So what do you think? Anyone else not use it because of the ingredients? I will continue to use the conditioner and the mask. I really love those too and the ingredient list is not bad.

Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is a mild surfectant used to clean, its a more gentle form of sodium laureth sulfate...which is probably y most sulfate-free shampoos these days have that ingredient...but thats all i know bout it. hope fully somebody else will give a more in depth answer...

*AS A SIDE NOTE*: IM GLAD U POST THIS CUZ TODAY I JUST BOUGHT THE ARGAN OIL CURLING IRON AND I GOT THE ARGAN OIL SET (SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER , MASK) FOR FREE AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND REVIEWS ON ANY OF THE PRODUCTS BEFORE I ACTUALLY USED THEM.

I don't know the answer to the sulfate question but I love the line. It is all that I use when I straighten my hair. I love Argan oil so much that the next time I create a hair butter I am going to use 100% Argan oil in it.

What MzKenya said is true, this is considered a mild shampoo. Some people would also call it a lo-poo that has conditioning agents; Polyquaternium-10.

Any time you see this "Sulfosuccinate" it is mild. Dont forget to clarify every so often a with a stronger shampoo.

Back