One more question about Flatirons

Control or No control

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s_terry

Ok, ladies I know we have done a couple of these, but I just have to ask. I recently purchased a chi but am really wondering if I should have went for the Sedu. I have 4a moderately texulaxed hair. What I don't like about the Chi is that it has no temp control and only gets one temp. I plan on showing off my hair and flat ironing my hair when I wanna be cute!:p My girls and I have vowed to get out more often so I will be going for it! Do I need to worry about not being able to control the heat with my Chi? I donot want to have set backs because of this iron. Please tell me what you think. Would you prefer to have temp control? Based on reviews from Folica the Sedu only gets up to like 200 whereas the CHI gets to like 410. I don't think more heat is better, but am also worried the Sedu might not give me the silky results I want. I have the MAXI, but use it without the teeth. The teeth just pulled too much and I think the steam burst may have contributed to splits.

I'll do a poll.

TIA

I haven't had any problems with my CHI. Using a decent heat protectant or serum would be my suggestion for all flat irons though.

I originally purchased the Chi flat iron when I discovered it did not have a temperature setting sold it to my aunt kinda scared me. I then purchased the Sedu flat iron. In my opinion flat ironing with the Chi and serum last longer comes out silkier salon look. Sedu comes out straight lacks that just from salon look. Thank goodness my aunt lives in walking distance so I can use Chi. I love FHI runway flat iron $400 not in my budget.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding ladies. BlackMaven what do you mean by with the Sedu it's "silker". I know it's hard to explain, but I appreciate it.

s_terry said:
Thanks for responding ladies. BlackMaven what do you mean by with the Sedu it's "silker". I know it's hard to explain, but I appreciate it.

Sorry had to go back edit I meant the Chi flat iron is silker. You know how you go to salon hair is bouncy feels like silk when used with Chi Serum.
Example, I used Candy C avocado mask prepoo,Hydrating shampoo, humecto allowed to air dry in plaits. My little cousin came over this morning so I could finish her thick a$$ hair. When I used my Sedu I had to run it through three times on one side. It was like warm coming her hair with a straighting comb. When I use the Chi one time silky straight.

blackmaven said:
I originally purchased the Chi flat iron when I discovered it did not have a temperature setting sold it to my aunt kinda scared me. I then purchased the Sedu flat iron. In my opinion flat ironing with the Chi and serum last longer comes out silkier salon look. Sedu comes out straight lacks that just from salon look. Thank goodness my aunt lives in walking distance so I can use Chi. I love FHI runway flat iron $400 not in my budget.

I predict that thing will be so much cheaper in a few years. Maybe not as cheap as the older models, but not $400.

HoneyDew said:
I predict that thing will be so much cheaper in a few years. Maybe not as cheap as the older models, but not $400.

I sure hope so it is "Sweet" tried to see if I could find it cheaper on internet no luck.

My sedu temp goes to 410. It came from Folica. It sent it back because I found out that I prefer a curling iron instead of flat iron. My 2 in T3 ceramic irons gets the job done!

Back