One month to start growing ?

nekee

Is it me or
When I get my hair retouched, it takes me up to 4 weeks to see new growth. What does that mean ? Does your hair know when it gets retouched ? or it takes a while for hair to grow .

When i realised this though i used to wash my hair every 2 weeks so that may be the culprit. I dont know

It's been much easier for me to see new growth since texturizing and I have to wait about 4 months too to see anything in the front. Sometimes washing makes it easier to differentiate. I don't know how to explain this.

You're hair is probably still growing, but maybe the relaxed hair is just pulling the new growth because of the weight and the curl pattern is being pulled straighter. And when you get more new growth it is easier to resist the straightening (LOL..is that a word?) I noticed the same thing, I was wondering why all of a sudden, at 4 weeks my hair would grow like a week. That's the only explanation I could come up with.

Same here--but it's still growing. It's the accumulation that makes it noticeable and I guess the 4 week mark is when there's enough accumulation to show visible results.

Hmm, I always had the same issue when I was relaxing...never noticing new growth till a month would go by. I just thought my hair wasn't growing...

[ QUOTE ]
DatJerseyDyme said:
You're hair is probably still growing, but maybe the relaxed hair is just pulling the new growth because of the weight and the curl pattern is being pulled straighter. And when you get more new growth it is easier to resist the straightening (LOL..is that a word?) I noticed the same thing, I was wondering why all of a sudden, at 4 weeks my hair would grow like a week. That's the only explanation I could come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good question. I've noticed this too but never asked about it. I think DatJerseyDyme may be right. It's always growing but but because of the growth pattern we notice it more at 4 weeks as the "humps" appear (that's what I call them).
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SingingStar12 said:
I have experienced the exact same thing, but once 4 weeks has past, I can see the new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too!

[ QUOTE ]
nekee said:
Is it me or
When I get my hair retouched, it takes me up to 4 weeks to see new growth. What does that mean ? Does your hair know when it gets retouched ? or it takes a while for hair to grow .

When i realised this though i used to wash my hair every 2 weeks so that may be the culprit. I dont know

[/ QUOTE ]

That means that it takes 4 weeks for your hair to form enuff of a curl to lift itself off your scalp in order to be felt... before that point its length can "pass off" as being straight. Our nails grow the same way. At first it seems like they are growing straight but as they get longer the curl becomes more evident.

everything makes sense. My hair is growing but the curl hasn't quite kicked in as yet ! thanx everyone. i don't feel too bad now

[ QUOTE ]
licutiexx said:
[ QUOTE ]
SingingStar12 said:
I have experienced the exact same thing, but once 4 weeks has past, I can see the new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!

i remember this one time i got a relaxer and like two weeks later there was like a 1/2 inch of new growth it was weird...

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
i remember this one time i got a relaxer and like two weeks later there was like a 1/2 inch of new growth it was weird...

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow!

I'm really starting to believe the "hump" theory. I think I may have more new growth than I really think I do b/c of my hair's wave pattern - tends to come in straight and go about .25 inches or more before it waves...or the hump appears. This is such good news!

It usually takes about 3 weeks (after a relaxer) for me to notice new growth. I relax every 3 to 4 months. This month the strangest thing happened. I noticed new growth after a week. I was confused and shocked.
shocked.gif
The second week it was even more pronounced. I can't dare believe my rate of growth is speeding up or may it's just a spurt and a temporary thing, I just know the rest of my hair is as straight as a board. I get my hair professionally relaxed lately and she gets it a straighter than I use to when I self-relaxed.
I've been charting my progess for over a year, I've never experienced a growth spurt. It's been pretty much 1/2 each month.
confused.gif

What do you guys think?

about three or four times i got new growth about a week after - i was told i should be happy but it annoyed me that i spent money to get my hair done and a week after it looked like i didnt get it done, it was underprocessed at all just new growth.
But now i know why the hair took so long to show growth i feel much better

[ QUOTE ]
kenyana said:
[ QUOTE ]
nekee said:
Is it me or

[/ QUOTE ]

That means that it takes 4 weeks for your hair to form enuff of a curl to lift itself off your scalp in order to be felt... before that point its length can "pass off" as being straight. Our nails grow the same way. At first it seems like they are growing straight but as they get longer the curl becomes more evident.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">The whole "nail thing" puts it all into perspective. That's an interesting way to look at it and it makes perfect sense
smile.gif
</font>

Back