One month natural! (w/ pics)

jtotheb

Just wanted to share...

I started this journey looking for a more permanent way to create curls and waves in my hair. My relaxed hair was breaking like crazy and I wasn't retaining any length, and I was ready for a change. I had worn a curl as a child and thought that maybe I would return to that, minus the "wet look" because that was the only time my hair seemed to thrive.

After multiple searches on the topic, I decided against the curl and ultimately decided to grow out my relaxer. I had never thought of my natural hair as "curly" until I stumbled upon Miss Jesssie's photos, and after that I was hooked!

Soon after that I found LHCF and discovered all those inspirational fotkis. I haven't looked back! I cut my hair after transitioning for about six (almost seven) months and today is my one month anniversary.

I know that's a lot, but I just had to share!

month-1.jpg

Last edited:
BEAUTIFUL PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your face is just glowing in that third pic! Congrats on reaching 1 month. I can't wait to see more pics in the future to come! :)

*blushing*

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of your kind complements! It means a lot to have support through all of this (this is a huge change for me). That's what drew me and kept me coming back to this site. Everyone seems very supportive and genuinely kind.

Thanks again!

Yay! Another natural :)! I'm so glad you decided to make that transition. Congrats on being brave enuff to try it :clap:.

Beautiful hair! So these pics represent 7 months of growth??? Your hair has grown so fast!

Beautiful hair! So these pics represent 7 months of growth??? Your hair has grown so fast!

Seven (almost eight) months sounds about right. My last relaxer was mid/late May and I have about 3 inches of hair–that's a little less than a half and inch a month.

Back