One Month Natural *Pics*

TrendySocialite

I've been natural for a little over a month now. I have to say I LOVE it! I've only had one near breakdown and that's regarding moisture balance. But I think I'm on the other side of that. Here are comparison shots...

Big Chop June 26, 2009
twa.jpg

curlygirl2.jpg

One Month Natural

p1100763.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lJm3wVqSQQE/SnH1mdzMJZI/AAAAAAAAASs/ScAVh8yfPzc/s1600-h/BC_062609.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lJm3wVqSQQE/SnH11FgxAiI/AAAAAAAAAS0/zKfqqPEP648/s1600-h/P1100763.JPG

p1100754.jpg

Along the way, I've learned a few things...
  • My hair doesn't like Raw Shea Butter (unless it's melted and mixed in with something else)
  • EVOO is still the best overal moisturizer for my hair (and it has multiple uses)
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smell of freshly washed hair
  • Men LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smell of freshly washed hair LOL
  • I won't straighten my hair nearly as often as I thought I might. I adore my texture
  • People at work were a lot more complimentary (at least to my face) than I thought
  • I don't have to justify my hair to others (not like I was going to anyway)
  • Every texture of hair has it's advantages and disadvantages
  • I shouldn't have cut dow the back when I first BC'd as much as I did...
  • I have to be much more intentional about moisturizing than I did when I was relaxed
  • I love my coils, I love the softness, I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

• I won't straighten my hair nearly as often as I thought I might. I adore my texture

I found this out too when I decided to go natural. After years of free flowing weaves, I thought I'd go crazy without straight hair. Turns out I prefer my hair curly and hate the feeling when it is flat ironed. Go figure!

I love this post!

Your comment about not straightening as much as you thought you would really struck home. I'd told myself upon deciding to go natural that I would press my hair mostly, only wearing it natural every now and again. That went out the window!

Congrats on your first month, looks like it was a good one. You have beautiful hair!

I've been natural for a little over a month now. I have to say I LOVE it! I've only had one near breakdown and that's regarding moisture balance. But I think I'm on the other side of that. Here are comparison shots...

Big Chop June 26, 2009
twa.jpg

curlygirl2.jpg

One Month Natural

p1100763.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lJm3wVqSQQE/SnH1mdzMJZI/AAAAAAAAASs/ScAVh8yfPzc/s1600-h/BC_062609.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lJm3wVqSQQE/SnH11FgxAiI/AAAAAAAAAS0/zKfqqPEP648/s1600-h/P1100763.JPG

p1100754.jpg

• My hair doesn't like Raw Shea Butter (unless it's melted and mixed in with something else)
  • EVOO is still the best overal moisturizer for my hair (and it has multiple uses)
  • People at work were a lot more complimentary (at least to my face) than I thought
  • I have to be much more intentional about moisturizing than I did when I was relaxed

Your hair is beautiful...you look wonderful!

Your hair looks great. Congrats on BCing!!! I luv freshly washed hair too

Gorgeous, thick, healthy hair! Such a great month!

Awesome progress! Hope I have as much in a months time. :D

ALL OF YOU LADIES LOOK STUNNING WITH YOUR TWA'S!!! CONGRATS!

CO-signing with the bolded. Congrats!

You've made a lot of progress this past month! Your hair looks great. :yep:

I can't stop wetting/washing my hair either - it's so addictive! :lachen:

What's your post wash routine? (moisturizers etc)

You've made a lot of progress this past month! Your hair looks great. :yep:

I can't stop wetting/washing my hair either - it's so addictive! :lachen:

What's your post wash routine? (moisturizers etc)

Depends on the style I'm going for. Most days I do the curlygirl method

Other days I do a two-strand twist out. I made my own version of Miss Jessie's Buttercreme WHICH I LOVE!

Usually after I wash I
  • Put in Giovanni leave-in and EVOO and put plastic cap on for 10 minutes
  • Apply a bit of Coconut oil and a whole lot of my homemade buttercream to hair
  • twist, finger coil or just let air dry

Girl I BC'd the day after you (June 27 2009) :grin: your hair is gorgeous you have learned a lot more about your hair than me :look: Im definately still learning what my hair likes and loving every minute of I love wetting it, im addicted to co washing and playing with my coilies all day (even though I really should stop) :D

Last edited:
I remember reading ur post from when you bc and how you felt...I'm happy for you that its bringing all of these realizations on. Looks good and healthy!!! and it looks good on you precious!!! I'm glad your finding your footing and what works for you complete natural hair!!

Back