ONE MO'GIN!! Thanks Kristina- braidout technique pics

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
tthreat08 said:
Your hair looks great! One question; do you rebraid each night to keep control of your hair, or what do you do to it each night to maintain it?

Now see, I don't know what I am going to do to keep this style. Last night, I slept with my hair in the same style and in the morning:look: well, it looks a hot mess. It looks like I am going to try this style again tonight and maintain it by wetting the hair again and rebraiding.

Does anyone have any better ideas for maintaining this style?

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Now see, I don't know what I am going to do to keep this style. Last night, I slept with my hair in the same style and in the morning:look: well, it looks a hot mess. It looks like I am going to try this style again tonight and maintain it by wetting the hair again and rebraiding.

Does anyone have any better ideas for maintaining this style?
\

Gorgeous Braidout!!!!
Maybe an oversized bonnet

bubln, that's a beautiful braidout. Thanks for sharing kristina's technique, i'll be trying out this technique in the near future!!!

What about just rebraiding and remoisturizing it the night before. To acheive second day hair from twistouts i've done in the past, i usually have to retwist and reapply either gel/moisturizer the night before. if i slept on the style without doing this, it turned into a hot mess in the morning too:)

Well this mango butter you mentioned woke up the PJ in me lol.

I got it a couple of weeks ago and it is good stuff! Nice and light, not greasy at all.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I hope this goes through this time. Anyway, Kristina provided some tips for a great braidout. One of her tips really caught my attention- applying gel to the ends of the braid. Well, I washed my hair with blended beauty shampoo and conditioner and applied Elucence MB as a leave-in as well as Shea Butter leave-in conditioner ( thanks naturallady AKA Caisha!!) I loosely braided my hair in about 7 sections then I used aloe vera gel on the ends of each braid to hold it together. In the morning I applied natural mango butter from que shan's (thanks again, naturallady) and voila!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Thi...Braids20103.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Thi...Braids20104.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Thi...Braids20107.jpg

I like my braidouts better than my twistouts, mainly because the braids are already 'flattened' so sleeping on them won't matter. I usually have to mist my two strands before taking them down so they can fatten back up before I unravel them.

Bubln - stop it already! Your hair just gets prettier every time I see your pics! What a fabulous braid out!

wow luvly braidout!!!

my braidouts last over night when i where a full head baggie. first i add alittle oil/water (or water and sta-sof-fro Special Blend) mix and then sleep with the baggie on. in the mornin i just fluff it out. each day alittle more hehe... it usually last a couple days and the last time i wear it i just make it into a puff (as im lazzzy sometimes) lolol.

on the first day....
Photo0766-th.jpg

heres a braidout thats a couple days old (different colour cause its an older pic sorry)

brownfro-th.jpg

an old braidout turn to puff ... this puff was dayzzz old i was lasy so just kept baggin every night.

top-th.jpg

hope that helps!

Last edited:
Back