Once and for All: Kenra MC vs. Humecto

Kenra MC vs. Humecto

• Kenra MC is my deep moisturizing conditioner

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • Humecto is my deep moisturizing conditioner

Votes: 74 53.6%

• Total voters
I normally use the Keracare Humecto conditioner. I think my hair is getting used it now though. I've since been using some of the cheaper brands. Is there anyone here with fine/thin hair who has had success with the Kenra MC? If so, how does it compare to the Humecto on your fine/thin hair?

Last edited:
caligirl said:
Kenra is my ride or die conditioner. For some reason, Humecto doesn't work in my hands. My stylist used to use it on me before pressing, and my hair was easy to comb and smelled amazing! But when I use Humecto at home, it runs into my eyes and burns, plus it leaves my hair knotted up.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...did your stylist use Humecto from the bottle...or from the tub...
I ask because I use Humecto from the tub...and it's thick and creamy...not liquid or runny.

MonaLisa said:
caligirl said:
Kenra is my ride or die conditioner. For some reason, Humecto doesn't work in my hands. My stylist used to use it on me before pressing, and my hair was easy to comb and smelled amazing! But when I use Humecto at home, it runs into my eyes and burns, plus it leaves my hair knotted up.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...did your stylist use Humecto from the bottle...or from the tub...
I ask because I use Humecto from the tub...and it's thick and creamy...not liquid or runny.

Gosh, I really don't know. But I have shelled out 30 bucks for the tub and it did the same thing.

Is the tub really that different? Does it affect your hair different? I find the bottle very liquid-y (is that a word? LOL) but it is also very moisturizing.

caligirl said:
MonaLisa said:
Gosh, I really don't know. But I have shelled out 30 bucks for the tub and it did the same thing.
Where are you buying the Humecto from? I wonder if it is the real deal? This is scary, because I am thinking of buying a tub and don't want to be dissapointed like this. My hair is starting to get used to Kenra MC, so I am thinking of trying the tub. The bottle was too watery, but it gave my hair more slip than Kenra. Oh well, what to do. :ohwell:

tryn2growmyhair said:
caligirl said:
Where are you buying the Humecto from? I wonder if it is the real deal? This is scary, because I am thinking of buying a tub and don't want to be dissapointed like this. My hair is starting to get used to Kenra MC, so I am thinking of trying the tub. The bottle was too watery, but it gave my hair more slip than Kenra. Oh well, what to do. :ohwell:

Try to use a clarifying shampoo before your Kenra, then use a heat cap with the conditioner on for 20 minutes.
I bought the tub of Humecto online...I think it was metrobeauty.com

Thanks to all for the tips. I broke down and bought the tub of Humecto. I was too curious. It does look thicker than the stuff in the bottle, much thicker. I called the company and they tried to front like they were the same thickness but it's not. I will try it when I was my hair next and try to remember to let you all know what happens.

After having tried both, I would say that Humecto works better for my hair. My hair liked Kenra MC initially but got used to it. The Humecto worked better on my hair. More slip and more moisture.

Kenra is my staple mositurizing CO. Used to love Humecto, but after a while I need to clarify. Kenra has better ingredients and leave the hair moisturized days after conditioning. I feel like it makes your other hair products work much better too.

I looove Kenra MC.I have never tried humecto.(I plan to just to ease my product junkie mind!:lol: )

:eek: it's a split right down the middle! almost. mc has 1 more vote than humecto. so...i will buying mc and humecto when i get the money

baglady215 said:
Is the tub really that different? Does it affect your hair different? I find the bottle very liquid-y (is that a word? LOL) but it is also very moisturizing.

HECK YEAH! Kind like comparing milk to whipped cream. Ive posted pics of this before and its in my fotki if you wanna see the actual difference. The visual is enough for most people to be like "DANG!"

beyondcute said:
HECK YEAH! Kind like comparing milk to whipped cream. Ive posted pics of this before and its in my fotki if you wanna see the actual difference. The visual is enough for most people to be like "DANG!"

I reallllly need to get my hands on a tub quick!!!

As for the poll. I prefer Humecto over Kenra MC.

I use Humecto because it is strickly moisturizing no protein at all, if im looking for a little moisturizing condtioner with protein i use kenra. My hair cant take a lot of protein and i wash my hair twice a week so when my hair feels mushy then i reach for some kenra to give it a little protein and moisture at the same time.

The Keracare Humecto did not work for me due to all of the mineral oil in it, and the Kenra MC gives great moisture but the slip factor is just okay, nothing spectacular.

when i was relaxed and going to the salon
the stylist used humecto...which i loved
worked really good for my hair then.

my natural hair loooooves kenra mc.
yum yum yum.

i havent tried humecto on my natural hair.

I voted for Kenra but I placed an order for Humecto tub size last week and is waiting for it to arrive. I will be using them separately but I will also be mixing them occasionally as well. I absolutely love Kenra moisturizing conditioner and I've never tried the humecto, but I think I will like it by all the good reviews about it.

I checked out the ingredients in Humecto while I was at the JC Penney Salon yesterday. I really was not impressed with that product at all.

:look:

Water, glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol Isotearate, Polyquaternium-32 (and) Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Pathenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, St.Johns Wort, Watercress and Garlic, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methyllisothiazolinone

Kenra's ingredients look so much attractive for my hair:

Purified Water, Hexadecanol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol (Emollient), Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Isopropylparaben, Benzophenone-4, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No.5, FD&C Yellow No.6, FD&C Red No.40, FD&C Blue No.1.

Last edited:
I checked out the ingredients in Humecto while I was at the JC Penney Salon yesterday. I really was not impressed with that product at all.

:look:

Water, glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol Isotearate, Polyquaternium-32 (and) Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Pathenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, St.Johns Wort, Watercress and Garlic, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methyllisothiazolinone

Kenra's ingredients look so much attractive for my hair:

Purified Water, Hexadecanol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol (Emollient), Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Isopropylparaben, Benzophenone-4, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No.5, FD&C Yellow No.6, FD&C Red No.40, FD&C Blue No.1.

Humecto dried my hair out like you couldn't imagine. Bad thing is it took me about 1.5 years to figure out that was the culprit. :perplexedNow I'm using Kenra MC and my moisture level has never been better. :yep:

Humecto dried my hair out like you couldn't imagine. Bad thing is it took me about 1.5 years to figure out that was the culprit. :perplexedNow I'm using Kenra MC and my moisture level has never been better. :yep:

Hi Dymondz7, was this the humecto in the bottle or the tub? I learned that the one in the tub gave much better results than the one in the bottle. I still don't know why though. Could anybody chime in on this?

Kenra!!!! Humecto is overpriced for what it does IMO

Thanks for saying this because I was torn between the Kenra and Keracare...but I decided to go with Kenra because of the price. It was 2 for $28 liter bottles so I rolled with that. I cant wait to try it tomorrow.

Humecto dried my hair out like you couldn't imagine. Bad thing is it took me about 1.5 years to figure out that was the culprit. :perplexed

I had to go back and see if I was in this thread & I was...:ohwell:

Mad it took me 2 years to find out this was a big culprit for me...
didn't realize how much until I found pj'ism (shout out to my pj heads/cousins) and realized I was using the wrong things and had finally found the right ones..:yep:

Kenra didn't seem to do anything for me either, but then I just tried out a sample, wasn't much to work with. Maybe I will give this a shot after I reach another goal..

Definitely Kenra!!! Humecto initially felt so good, but it started leaving a coating on my hair that dried my hair out horribly!!! Those fake-me-outs are rough!!!!

Back