On the hunt for a good stylist

br0wney3z

I have been searching for a stylist since my last attempt at self-relaxing was a damn near disaster, and I think I may have found a place that actually knows how to take care of hair. For you ladies who go to the hairdresser what kind of questions did/do you ask them when you first go there? What kinds of practices/products/techniques are you on the look out for. I called this place and spoke with a really nice lady who answered many of my questions that I had at the time (do they offer protein treatments, what kinds of products they used, do they know what telaxing is) and she answered them all for me, and even offered to let me come in and watch the stylists at work to make sure. I have my first appointment next week for a relaxer, protein treatment, and deep condition, but I'm still kinda nervous about letting someone else play in my hair and ruin all my good work that I have put into my hair thus far. So what other questions should I ask, and what should I be on the lookout for when I go?

Hey C-bus. Holla if you can hear me!:grin:

What stylist did you pick? I have one and a couple of others I can get you names for if needed.

I think you should go in for a wash and set and see how she handles your hair and pay attention if she relaxes someone's hair. then if u are satisfied you can go in for the relaxer.

Thank God i have a stylist that is concerned about the health of my hair. And she also listens and does what I want. Not someone who just knows how to style. Make sure she isnt scissor happy though because you wont reach your goal. So it wouldnt matter how well she styles it and takes care of it because you will get no where.

Hey C-bus. Holla if you can hear me!:grin:

What stylist did you pick? I have one and a couple of others I can get you names for if needed.

Wow, I think you are the 2 person from CO that I have met on this site. So sad. The salon's name is Angeliques Salon and Day Spa on 161 in the continent. Ever heard of it? I haven't decided on a stylist yet, but I'm going to go in sometime next week to check out the place. I've been going to Dominique at Queen Bees on campus since last year, and not that she isn't good with my hair, but she just doesn't have some of the products and techiniques I'm looking for. I also used to go to this place on Cleveland Ave in the Amos center, but after having to wait for my stylist for over an hour even though I had set an appointment, I decided to stop going there. Who do you go to or have in mind.

I think you should go in for a wash and set and see how she handles your hair and pay attention if she relaxes someone's hair. then if u are satisfied you can go in for the relaxer.

That's what I had been planning on doing, but my NG is just too much right now and I need to get it relaxed, I start a new job the following Monday, and I haven't yet mastered the art of styling my hair in an appropriate for office work kind of style.

Wow, I think you are the 2 person from CO that I have met on this site. So sad. The salon's name is Angeliques Salon and Day Spa on 161 in the continent. Ever heard of it? I haven't decided on a stylist yet, but I'm going to go in sometime next week to check out the place. I've been going to Dominique at Queen Bees on campus since last year, and not that she isn't good with my hair, but she just doesn't have some of the products and techiniques I'm looking for. I also used to go to this place on Cleveland Ave in the Amos center, but after having to wait for my stylist for over an hour even though I had set an appointment, I decided to stop going there. Who do you go to or have in mind.

Angeliques Salon sounds good. I was recommended this salon as well when I first moved here never made it. I must of missed it because I have been looking all over busch blvd for this one. It me know how it goes. Oh yeah the Amos center no way. I know who your talking about.

Angeliques Salon sounds good. I was recommended this salon as well when I first moved here never made it. I must of missed it because I have been looking all over busch blvd for this one. It me know how it goes. Oh yeah the Amos center no way. I know who your talking about.

Yeah that place is......anyways, where do you go now or do you self relax

Back