OMGosh!!! Am I losing my edges??????!!!!

ttlayli

So last night, obviously I wrapped my hair, using ONLY my fingers and 3 clips, put on a satin bonnet and went to sleep. This morning when I took my hair down, I noticed that a patch on the left side of my edges was tender and was sore to the touch. When I looked closer I could also see my pores!! Yesterday my hair wasent sore at all so I don't know what this could be!!! Am I losing my edges or something?? Has this ever happened to anyone else??? :perplexed

So last night, obviously I wrapped my hair, using ONLY my fingers and 3 clips, put on a satin bonnet and went to sleep. This morning when I took my hair down, I noticed that a patch on the left side of my edges was tender and was sore to the touch. When I looked closer I could also see my pores!! Yesterday my hair wasent sore at all so I don't know what this could be!!! Am I losing my edges or something?? Has this ever happened to anyone else??? :perplexed

Did you change directions when wrapping? This could make a difference.

I agree...try alternating directions and also they say crosswrapping is supposed to put less tension on your edges as well. KhandiB has a tutorial in her fotki on it.

I sometimes have sore spots but it never lasts more than a couple of days. If you find that it is persisting, then consult a dermie. At this stage, I wouldn't worry about it. Try to hold off wrapping for a bit, though if you can.:kiss:

Yeah I may have to try that cross-wrapping technique...and the sore spots don't lat long, but I guess today I became nervous since it was like I could almost see my pores! YIKES! :perplexed

Back