OMG, We would all be BALD

FashionistaNY

...if we followed their advice. Check this out!

http://www.naani.com/relaxer_maintenance_tipsa3.htm

"Trim the ends of your hair every two to four weeks to minimize split-ends and maintain healthy hair. You don't need to drastically clip them, but approximately 1/4 inch should be sufficient."

"Protect your permanent color by using styling aids such as gels and holding sprays since they tend to help the color last longer. But they also cause build-up so occassional use of specialty shampoos for color-treated hair is a good idea. More than likely the manufacturer of the product used to color your hair has a special line of shampoos and conditioners that are designed to maintain your colors vibrance. Check 'em out."

"Your hair should be relaxed every 6-8 weeks but for those who maintain shorter styles, more frequent relaxing may be necessary. As a rule, it's best to wait until you have at least an inch of newgrowth before having your hair touched-up. This way you should be able to distinguish between the newgrowth and the rest of your hair."

lol...i like naani.com for the natural care tips...i think they juss threw up anything for the relaxer tips...they should juss not give relaxer advice...i hope no one would really go by that...

Wow, it's so sad how many women are going to follow this stupid advice and will wonder for YEARS why their hair isn't getting longer. :(

:lachen: I bet the chicks behind this advice have waist length hair...trying to get everyone else to chop their's off faster than it can grow. :lol:

Ghee Wiz, she sounds like my former stylist! :shocked:

She believed that in order to maintain my hair style I needed to add HOT heat daily. :burn:

deedabug said:
lol...i like naani.com for the natural care tips...i think they juss threw up anything for the relaxer tips...they should juss not give relaxer advice...i hope no one would really go by that...

I have a friend who has 4b hair. She relaxes her hair at least bi-weekly. Just today she relaxed her hair again and she had relaxed it last week.She uses extra strenght relaxer. I'm not sure what the effect will be in the long run.:confused:

nadine1977canada said:
I have a friend who has 4b hair. She relaxes her hair at least bi-weekly. Just today she relaxed her hair again and she had relaxed it last week.She uses extra strenght relaxer. I'm not sure what the effect will be in the long run.:confused:

:eek: How long has she been doing this?

-A

nadine1977canada said:

OMG :eek::eek:

When "oiling your scalp," don't oil your scalp unless you're trying to combat excessive dryness. Heavy pomades maybe needed during periods when your scalp is unusually dry, but in general, light cremes and oils work better for everyday maintenance. Lubricate your hair by applying the oil to the hair closest to the scalp and the brush or comb the oil to the ends.

YIKES!

nadine1977canada said:

Are you SERIOUS??????What's the condition of her hair now?

FashionistaNY said:
"Trim the ends of your hair every two to four weeks to minimize split-ends and maintain healthy hair. You don't need to drastically clip them, but approximately 1/4 inch should be sufficient."

Quilty!!

I do this. but it works for me. I do frequent dustings, sometimes once a week.

santia said:
Are you SERIOUS??????What's the condition of her hair now?

Well her hair....her ends are fired up , they look dry and curly and somewhat dicolored. THe same with the rest of her hair. it feels rough. Yet her hair is quite resistant. It is somewhat discolored like a brown, auburn and oof black.

Back