OMG thats Nasty!!!

I guess I am the odd one out.

My mom can use my comb. I don't mind at all. her hair is not dirty and neither is mine.

A guy that I am seeing leaves his comb in the bathroom and it is nothing for me to use it if I need to.

My cousin has never asked to use my comb, but if she ever needed to, I would let her.

My son uses my comb and my brush if he is in my bathroom.

It is not that big of a deal for me. I clean my combs and brushes regularly. My people are clean and we have no contagious scalp or skin conditions.

Ditto to that one! I only hang tough with ppl I know well, and my fam. It dont bother me, but strangers might be a different story.........

If anything I would be more scared of a SO usin my stuff if we aint been together that long! I DONT know you THAT well!! lol

Last edited:
i hate for anybody to use my combs because thats just nasty. me and my mom have the same comb so i always keep mine in my room.

I'm very overprotective of my stuff, so someone else using my grooming tools is a definite no-no.

My husband was getting ready to comb his daughter's hair one time & I saw him reaching for my comb. I moved it out of his way & gave him one of the combs that I no longer use.

I also keep a close eye on my hair products. I can just look at it & tell when it's not at the level that it was before. I was hella pissed when my husband used some of my $16 herbal shampoo to give his daughter a bath. He rectified that situation the very next day. Now there are two bottles of 99 cent bubble bath solution in the bathroom for her.

I don't mind if my mom and sister use my combs but they know now that they need to remove the hairs out after :look:

Sharing combs and brushes is playing Russian Roulette with the flesh eathing bacteria MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/27/nyregion/27mrsa.html?fta=y

Here's an excerpt from the NY Times articles:
"Experts advise parents to remind children and teenagers that personal items like brushes, combs, razors, towels, makeup and cellphones should not be shared. And extra vigilance should be used in health clubs and gyms — staph grows rapidly in warm, moist environments."

The chances of surviving if the bacteria gets in your lungs is slim. So in my family, every one has their own combs and brushes. We don't share unless the items are cleaned with hot water and soap. BTW, I clean my and my son's combs and brushes once a week.

I don't really care when my family (my mom, sis, and/or DH) use my combs or brushes. I know they are clean and know their hair reggies. Now you get into not immediate family and friends and thats off limits because I'm not around them enough to really know their hygienic habits.

now I know why people freak out when I reach to comb their hair with my comb. Even if I just wanted to fix something with one stroke. **note to self, ask to comb before you reach out with comb**

My cousin used to always just grab my brush or comb and start using it when we were in college and I would look at her like :shocked:

It always made me sooo mad, because at the time, she has a greasy, juicy, CARE FREE CURL!!!!!

I no longer use combs, but I used to hate using my moms combs because of the amount of buildup she had on them. Yuck!

I felt bad last week.....HR took photos of my group at work, so naturally the ladies were touching up our hair and makeup. One of my co-workers (with seriously questionable hygiene and a bad weave) asked to use my comb. Ya'll why did I lie and say I didn't have one. :yep: She said I just saw you use it.....Sticking to my story, I said "honey I raked my fingers through my hair!" I should be ashamed but somehow I AM NOT!!! :lachen: She may as well have asked to use my toothbrush and borrow a pair of panties!!! I don't play that!!!! Somehow the thought of it is unsanitary to me!!!

a co-worker asked?! She knows she was wrong for that.

Back