OMG my hair kissed my fingers last night!!!

shtow

SO I strayed from my intital regimen for a whole year due to PJism. I tried line after line after straying from my kenra, which gave me great results and retention as a newbie. I tried ORS. Good stuff, but the shampoo is more moisturizing than chelating and after a few months, the protein was too much. I tried Joico, which I liked but it left my hair a little filmy even with clarifying. I liked Mizani, but I lie to you not, after a couple of months, it made my hair DRYNESS CITY!!!

So last night I went back to old faithful. I clarified with Kenra chelating poo and shampooed with Kenra MS. I left both on my hair and scalp for a few minutes. My scalp feels so good even today. So next, I added Kenra moisturizing conditioner and my hair tearfully thanked me lol. It felt butter soft and it even lathered on my hair!!!! So I dc'd with it for 30 minutes and after washing out, my hair was butter soft. Then I added kenra leave in, elasta foam wrap and attempted to rollerset and gave up lol so I next added some fantasia IC heat protectant for color treated hair (the one in the blue bottle) and dried loose under the pibbs until 80 percent dry, then blow dried the rest of the way with the comb attatchment. I flat ironed with my Sedu on 360. Let me tell yall, my hair was so moisturized and butter soft, I could not believe it!!! Then I added my Jane Carter Nourish and Shine--Hargasm!!!! There is NO breakage or dryness, just healthy, happy, swangy hair today!!! If you find what works for you, please do not stray for a year like me!!!! Id probably WL by now if I didnt, but hey, BSL chasing MBL aint bad lol.

Im a happy woman!!!!!

Last edited:
Haha sounds wonderful ... hairgasms are the best.

Isn't it great when you FINALLY find something that works for you!

Haha sounds wonderful ... hairgasms are the best.

Isn't it great when you FINALLY find something that works for you!

YES!!! And the sad thing is, I found what worked for me as a newbie and PJism took over and I strayed :nono:

I dc'd with Kenra MC last night too, copycat!!! :rolleyes:

:giggle:

Girl, Kenra is the bomb!!! I had a hairgasm too! Why do e keep straying from our beloved, looking for something better? It doesn't exist!!!

Which leave in do you use? Provision spray? Is it thick? Does it give slip? I wanna try the chelating poo. Have you tried the mask? :D

I dc'd with Kenra MC last night too, copycat!!! :rolleyes:

:giggle:

Girl, Kenra is the bomb!!! I had a hairgasm too! Why do e keep straying from our beloved, looking for something better? It doesn't exist!!!

Which leave in do you use? Provision spray? Is it thick? Does it give slip? I wanna try the chelating poo. Have you tried the mask? :D
LOL @ copycat! Yea girl I was all in your life lol
I was blown away at how the Kenra lathered!!! I mean a conditioner--lathering!!!! :grin::grin::grin: Yes I use the provision spray and I love it!! It detangles with natrual ingredients and no cones and is very light but very moisturizing at the same time! It has great slip! I want to try the clear paste for my edges but I didnt have the money for it. I have no interest in the mask because I think it is more of a reconstructing than a moisturizing DC. And the chelating poo is bananas!!!

Last edited:
That's great! I know your hair is really thanking you right now. :)
I think I might try Kenra one more time. It seems like everybody loves it.

That's great! I know your hair is really thanking you right now. :)
I think I might try Kenra one more time. It seems like everybody loves it.

Your hair might love it! Maybe if you use the products together, you will like it even more! Im pretty sure chelating first and following with a moisturizing shampoo before the conditioner will give better results! Look at me, encouraging PJism:nono::spinning::lachen:

How often do you relaxed gals chelate? Just taking notes for my (inevitable?) possibility of going to the creamy crack (I'm still fighting but I don't know if I'll win this war!).

this thread reminds me of how I liked Kenra... Maybe I'll go back to it... but there are so many things I want to try! lol

This is funny because even though I have a boatload of conditioners, Im still out buying more. Anyhoo, yesterday I went to Trade secrects and bought Joico recovery balm and Kenra MC. I washed with CON and used Joico yesterday. This morning my hair was dry so I clairified and conditioned with Kenra. Its a keeper. The good thing is now I can return the Joico to Trade Secrets.

Back