OMG.......LOOK WHAT DH DID!!!! ***THE BEGINNING*** VALENTINES DAY 2006

Mandy4610

REPOST.

Hey Ladies
With all the responses to my other post,http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...d.php?t=383904, I thought you might like to see were it all began.

This is my engagement ring and wedding band that my DH designed and had made especially for me.
First he drew it for me as a Valentine's day card, and left it up to me to guess just what the drawing was. I thought it was a flower or something. After a day or two of wondering, my DH told me it was his design of my engagement ring and wedding band.
DSC04813.jpg

So to make a very long story short, we found a very good private jeweler who took on the task of turning our drawing into the beautiful ring set I now wear.
I was fortunate enough to be able to be part of the molding and finishing process of my rings.
The engagement ring is Angel wings with a diamond floating in between the feathers and the wedding band is Africa with a diamond on Zambia.
He refers to me as his Lit'l African Angel-that was his inspiration for the ring set design.
Enjoy the pictures.

The Engagement ring
DSC04796.jpg

DSC04726.jpg

The wedding band
DSC04808.jpg

The set
DSC04804.jpg

Last edited:
He really is a sweetheart. So glad you shared this. With so many negative posts about our men, this is really refreshing. If a man is in love with you he will do all kinds of wonderful and romantic things for you :yep:. I am really happy for you.

Thanks ladies and sorry for the multiple threads. I had to repost the thread and will be getting the other one deleted.

I love the "To my little African angel," part. Don't apologize, I love your threads! :)

Sorry, I know I have made a few posts and reposts. My apologies.
Don't EVER stop posting about the gift of your wonderful husband who brings so much joy to your heart.

We need to 'see' the beauty of Black Marriages which truly DO exist and that there are Black men who are truly a gift to our heritage of Blackness.

Give him a great big hug and thank him for giving us something to cheer for. :bighug:

God bless you and your husband, family and your marriage forever. :love3:

You are one lucky woman (and he's a lucky man too), thanks so much for sharing with us (and don't forget about the "how we met" story, I'll be waiting...........:look:)

Don't EVER stop posting about the gift of your wonderful husband who brings so much joy to your heart.

We need to 'see' the beauty of Black Marriages which truly DO exist and that there are Black men who are truly a gift to our heritage of Blackness.

Give him a great big hug and thank him for giving us something to cheer for. :bighug:

God bless you and your husband, family and your marriage forever. :love3:
Girl my DH is White! Imma have to add this to my original post. Its BLACK and WHITE love:yep:

keep sharing..love is love....it feels great to be appreciated and loved and you deserve it...that ring is gorgeous and is symbolic and personal to the love you two share

Back