*OMG local henna is soooo much cheaper than online! I'm on it!*

peppers01

Thanks to the many ladies around here that have great results with using henna, I am officially on the ayurvedic band wagon. There was Indian grocery store near my job that I've been eyeing for a while. I finally went in today to find a shelf full on henna powder for waaaayyy cheaper than the online prices. I found the Shikakai for $1.49, the Alma for $2.29, and the brahmi for $1.29. With those prices, I'm ayurvedic for life! Any ladies in Houston, there are a couple of Indian stores on Hillcroft between Hwy 59 and Westheimer with good henna prices. Just thought I'd pass it on.

I always wondered if the Hesh Henna in the Indian stores would work because it is less than 3.00 a box. I buy the shikaki, Bharami, Tulsi, Neem, Alma and coconut oil but, never the henna. I'm gonna give it a try.

Who are you telling!!! I got my henna for 1.79, all my ayurvedic powders for 2.99.....and my oils for under 5.00!!!!! Now how about that!!

Girl yes...I go to this place in Torrance off of Sepulveda/Hawthorne and in LA on Venice Blvd. There are lots of other places in the Los Angeles area...but my fav is the one in Torrance, they have a lot of goodies:)
Even there Shikakai soap is .99!!!!!!!:drunk:

Each box is 100 grams and lasts about a month(depending on how much use, I use mine 1x a week in pastes).....the shikakai soap even longer.....and the oil lasts forever!!

Each box is 100 grams and lasts about a month(depending on how much use, I use mine 1x a week in pastes).....the shikakai soap even longer.....and the oil lasts forever!!

Thank you, that's good to know. Does the henna wash out during each wash? I wash twice a week and during the summer 3x a week. Because I would like to use it to cover grays. Actually I would use the henna then indigo powder and the oils and everything else. I live far from the indian stores and I don't want frequent trips.

Also, I would like to get some blue/purple highlights going on midnight jet black hair. Is that possible with Henna/Indigo?

Thank you, that's good to know. Does the henna wash out during each wash? I wash twice a week and during the summer 3x a week. Because I would like to use it to cover grays. Actually I would use the henna then indigo powder and the oils and everything else. I live far from the indian stores and I don't want frequent trips.

Also, I would like to get some blue/purple highlights going on midnight jet black hair. Is that possible with Henna/Indigo?

Yes it washes out a little I washed three times before it stopped. I heard that when you use indigo also...it lasts longer. I henna'd last week and a little bled for 3 washes but the color is still there. In regards to you living far from Indain store....I dont know how much you ladies are spending online.....but I would think its worth it if you get a year supply of all your goodies. Maybe even call beforehand and get some price quotes....so you know if its worth the journey.

Back