OMG I am In LOVE!!

Lexib

Not gonna lie, I used to roll my eyes when I read all your posts about how good S-curl is thinking "I'm not putting jheri curl juice on my head" (been there, done that back in '89 :lachen:). But, with my crunchy hair hiding under a hat, I picked up a bottle today and OMG - this stuff is SICK! My hair has never felt so moisturised AND non-greasy. I usually have to settle for one or the other. Well, all I can say is thank you all for knowing what's up! :grin:

I just wish I had started using this earlier: $3.99 for S-curl v. $8.99 ORS Olive/Carrot Oil. I could have doubled my product supply over the last few years... :ohwell:

I gave up on the ors carrot oil, I realised it was making my hair dry and dull. I am still using the ors olive oil lotion though and I mix my own moisturiser...courtesy of dlewis's hair receipes.

Not gonna lie, I used to roll my eyes when I read all your posts about how good S-curl is thinking "I'm not putting jheri curl juice on my head" (been there, done that back in '89 :lachen:). But, with my crunchy hair hiding under a hat, I picked up a bottle today and OMG - this stuff is SICK! My hair has never felt so moisturised AND non-greasy. I usually have to settle for one or the other. Well, all I can say is thank you all for knowing what's up! :grin:

I just wish I had started using this earlier: $3.99 for S-curl v. $8.99 ORS Olive/Carrot Oil. I could have doubled my product supply over the last few years... :ohwell:

Is it just S-curl that works wonders or any curl activator? Just curious. I purchased some DPL activator gel but haven't used it yet. And are you using spray or gel?

What?!!! You were in doubt? It has been a life saver for me. I happen to use Carefree Curl and my hair and ng just sucks it up. It did wonders in keeping my nape area well moisturized. I have to pick up another big bottle from Sally's tomorrow.

I haven't tried this yet but I'm not buying any new products this month so I'll have to put it in the back of my mind for June.

Is it just S-curl that works wonders or any curl activator? Just curious. I purchased some DPL activator gel but haven't used it yet. And are you using spray or gel?

Hmm, don't know about any other activators. I just tried the S-Curl - white bottle with blue lettering. And its a SPRAY - even more reason why I'm in love with this stuff now. It used to take me 30 - 45 mins to moisturise my hair b/c my hair is thick and I had to part it in little sections to apply the cremes I was using. Today? About 2-5 mins of spritzing and another minute or so to seal and I was set! :drunk:

BTW, I applied this to freshly washed hair so I know this stuff is the truth! :grin:

What?!!! You were in doubt? It has been a life saver for me. I happen to use Carefree Curl and my hair and ng just sucks it up. It did wonders in keeping my nape area well moisturized. I have to pick up another big bottle from Sally's tomorrow.

I know, I know, I'm ashamed of myself, but I'm repenting now :grin:

I gave up on the ors carrot oil, I realised it was making my hair dry and dull. I am still using the ors olive oil lotion though and I mix my own moisturiser...courtesy of dlewis's hair receipes.

Same here w/ the carrot oil.:nono: I just recently bought my first ever tub of the carrot oil thinking it might be better than the olive oil since it doesn't have the dreaded mineral/petroleum oil in it that the olive oil does. WRONG. At least for me anyway. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to finish the whole tub unless I mix it w/ somehting to make it work better (...hmm, S-curl maybe??? :lachen:). Even though it leaves my hair more on the greasy side than I like, the olive oil has always and will always be my favorite backup plan.

I like stay sof fro better than s-curl, anyone else?

I have them both and my hair loves them equally. Sta Sof Fro on dry hair and S-Curl on wet or dry. I truly enjoy the SSF because the scent reminds me of my dad 'cause he used it a lot when I was a little girl. I sniff it more than I use it :drunk:

I have them both and my hair loves them equally. Sta Sof Fro on dry hair and S-Curl on wet or dry. I truly enjoy the SSF because the scent reminds me of my dad 'cause he used it a lot when I was a little girl. I sniff it more than I use it :drunk:

I have the sta sof fro rub on in a tube and the s-curl spray and I don't like either one of them. :lachen: I don't know about the Sta Sof spray, but that stuff in the tube smells like the harshest medicinal chemically stuff ever. I put some on and wasn't seeing results so put some more on and I was literally gagging from the smell. S-curl just feels gross on my hair to me. But maybe I was using it wrong. I still have the near full bottle, so maybe I'll try it in different ways to see if that helps. Besides, I tried it in winter, maybe I'll like it better now that the weather is warmer.

s curl worked great for me as a natural. When my friend found out I was using s curl, she got on me HARD about it, telling me I need to use pink oil:rolleyes:

I stopped using it because I dont think it works that well on my relaxed hair. but for my ng is good.

Dang! I'm still a doubter....but now you got me thinking : At 4 dollars, it won't hurt to give it a try, right?:wallbash::lachen:

:yep:Mmm Hmm...its good stuff! My only problem with it is I tend to be very heavy handed with my products and I get a case of the greasies when I use it.

I like stay sof fro better than s-curl, anyone else?

Okay, so I have to say I like Sta Sof Fro better than s-Curl too, but the problem with both is that they leave a film on my hair that I cannot stand! :nono: But, on the flip, I'm a bit of a product junkie and keep trying new stuff, and have to say, nothing softens my hair like Sta Sof Fro! What's a girl to do?? :drunk:

:look: I have been looking and looking for some SSF here in LA but to no avail. Where did you all get yours besides local BSS?

Back