OMG Fish oil pills!

IntoMyhair

I have been taking fish oil pills for about a week now and my bottle says (controls fish burps) I did not no what that meant well i just found it out

I was drinking from a bottle of water and a burp came out of no where.
It had my mouth tasting like i ate a can of sardines
what if i was next to my S/O or something and that burp came from no where :lachen:

Is there a fish oil brand that does not do this?
I'm taking Nature's way know.

I have been taking fish oil pills for about a week now and my bottle says (controls fish burps) I did not no what that meant well i just found it out

what if i was next to my S/O or something and that burp came from no where :lachen:

:lachen: Well most companies try to make "burpless" fish oil so :ohwell: Try drinking more water when you take it to see if that helps.

The burps are just one of the many reasons I don't do many fish oils

Freezing them helps, also buy the enteric coated, eating with meals or at night. I still get them occasionally...not pleasant.

I just take flax and eat my fish....I have som fish pills I need to use up too, maybe I will just stick it out and finish the bottle..........well maybe not:look:

:grin:
I still have a whole bottle left. I already have burping and digestion issues as it is. I don't need to have to worry about fish on my breath. I may take out the fish (those pills are huge anyway) and just take the Flax and olay vitamins.
Maybe if that was the only burp i would deal with it. But I've had i guess 5 burps and they all taste the same.

And i took those pills around 3 or 4 o'clock thay should be out of my stomach by now it's 10 pm

Just read the bottle they are enteric coated. There Nature Made not Nature's Way i take them with food (after i'm half done my whole plate i pop them and finish eating)
I will try freezing them tonight to see what happens

Last edited:
yeah usually with food I dont have that issue. The burp can catch you off guard though...lemme know how the freezing works.

Not sure if there is one where you live, but at H.E.B. (grocery store) or Central Market, their brand doesn't give you the fishy burps. I just got a bottle yesterday (to replace the one I finished).

I think Sam's Club has one (Omega 3) that actually had "no fish burps" on the label, too; my parents were taking that one awhile back and they didn't have the fish issue.

Hope you find one that works since it is good for your whole body, not just your hair.

HTH!

I don't know of a good fish oil brand but :lachen:

You can always take flaxseed oil for the Omega 3. without any fishy burping. :rofl:

For a second there I thought you were joking. What about fish oil causes burping? I take those pills on and off and I've never had that problem before, neither is there a warning on my bottle about that 'side effect'.

Thanks ladies for your recommendations!

I'll keep you posted on if the freezing works.

I'f not i'll either buy another brand or let them go all together since i'm already doing flax seed pills.

Yeah different brands do yield different results. One cheap brand (forget the name) didn't bother me ever....bought the good stuff from GNC and fish burps...it is foul, very very foul.

:lachen:I just started taking fish oil pills and I really, really hope I don't experience this fish burp business firsthand. I'm trying to date and find me a man, and I do not need to be scaring off dudes with fish breath. :perplexed

I recommend enteric coated capsules. I have been taking those for about a week now and no fish burps or acidy stomach. Anything that can have an odor that I take I either buy deodorized or enteric coated.

For a second there I thought you were joking. What about fish oil causes burping? I take those pills on and off and I've never had that problem before, neither is there a warning on my bottle about that 'side effect'.

I agree. I don't think they "cause" burping. Maybe if someone was going to burp anyway, the fact that their body is digesting the fish oil pill makes that taste kick in.

I don't have this problem at all.

*** update***

OK after this OP i stopped taking the pills for 3 days. I put them in my freezer like suggested. Than i took the pills on the 4th day I ate dinner around 5 pm and took the pills than. That night around 10 i had maybe 2 small fish tasting burps.

So I'm ditching the fish oil pills.

I took them frozen (which they get even bigger btw)
they have the special coating but they still leave the taste in my mouth.
It's like i'm in a fish market.

Maybe i'll switch brands 1 day but for now there out.

Back